1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Signing kj to an offer sheet, then offering smith a contract could force the rockets hand.

Plenty of teams had plenty of space to allow an offer to kj to tie it up. He's just not that valuable.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

That article is from the Spanish league's site. Can't go more legit than that.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

why are we so worried if we lose kj? he's not that good and probably never will be

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm not that worried about losing him. Don't really see where he's going to play with Harden, Ariza and Brewer. I understand the need for the future but I wouldn't give him a big contract

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

KJ has elite defensive skills and elite athleticism. He is sorely lacking a shot. You can't teach the first two. Sometimes you can fix the latter. Grooming as a backup 2 isn't a bad idea at the right price. He has the potential to be a tremendous defensive guard if he can get his shot to fall.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It's not about playing time with McDaniels. It's about insurance. Only back up wing the Rockets have on contract right now is Sam Dekker and we can't be too sure about him since he hasn't even played a summer league game as of yet.

No one expected Capela or Prigioni to get playoff minutes, but injuries happened and they were our insurance. If Brewer or Ariza go down for any period of time then Dekker is going to be our only guy to fill that hole. It's good to have options. Don't pretend like players don't ever catch colds or anything in the middle of the season.

Unless Morey goes out and signs another wing out there somewhere that we haven't heard of then McDaniels is our only known possibility.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Decently close.

Even ThundaD had his moment to recruit.

There was a 5th year problem, but LMA is a smart guy. Allegedly (I wasn't there) but LMA doubted the chemistry on the team. He saw a bunch of talent that couldn't put it together.

Pair that up with Horny, and you have a mess. Those players don't respect him. After their signings (expensive for TyTy) expect a clean house...

LMA may very well be on his last contract with his legs and back. PHX isn't a contender. He listened, but he had his eyes on becoming a champ all along. (Allegedly, he almost returned to Portland because of D.Lill. The problem is is that POR is now Damian's team. LMA, like Dwight, wants to be a BRAND. He never has been one. Now's his chance.

We had our chance, but very little to work with. I love Dwight, I love James, but our guys make some deep dough.

I'm happy for LaMarcus, even if he dropped 40 points on us 2 games in a row in the playoffs. Oh, hi, Kevin McHale. It's called a simple low post, high post double. We had that guy Omer ...nevermind....:(

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Are you being literal?

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

codman, hows our PG situation? is bev enough for DM? we all know that Harden asked for back court help

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is going to be a great defensive player in the league

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I don't have a good read on KJ's value. Except this: if other teams, supposedly several, are interested in outflanking the Rox for his services to the tune of $20m or so then he must have (perceived) value and therefore I want him.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Codman!! Was your boy traded to Miami?

14. Codman

This could go in another thread.

Denver is having a firesale. They gave Wilson his money.

But, Lawson is a cancer.

From my reach from my hometown, EVERY team has an interest in TY, but his own personality and demands (including social media) is killing it.

He thinks he's better than he is.

I don't think he's our main target for PG, mainly because he doesn't want to be a PG. He wants to score. And, he'd have to apologize for all his remarks to James about defense.

If you recall, we weren't after him last year. That was a good ol' Morey bluff. The real deal was Affalo. He was ours until the last minute.

Now we can't grab him because of his new deal.

Ty is a long shot.

Look under the water, the lost baggage, the skeletons that DM picks up and turns to new life. They're there.

And, Rick Adelman is the common denominator.

Ever think about a guard that plays guard but is really an off guard? Oh wait, kind of like James. It's being looked at.

More later....

Summer League time.

BTW, whomever said Scola is coming back? Whereheatdoe(Ti Reference) That would be AMAZING.

I'm not trying to get fired from watching/scouting/reporting/writing (Hi, Big4) but please remember the Rafer/Mike James timeline. It takes time for build art.

"It's sooo coollld in the D...err Snowta? Not enough room. Oh yeah, Kevin used to work there, right? ;)

Love to you and yours. But not to Scottie Pippen.

Peace.

CodMaN

1 person likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

But Ty Lawson and James Harden hangout sometimes? Aren't they friends? or at least cool with each at this point.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hmmm....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or could it be...

[​IMG]

#50216 Carl Herrera, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  17. Codman

Last Thing:

My wifey just reminded me to reiterate this: I have nothing but love for CyberX. I don't know him.

I respect his circle.

Mine is different.

I'm no insider, but I work for a team within the league and publish under pseudonym for protection. Big4 is a big deal.

Cyber knows his stuff, from what i have read.

All I am is an employee with friends in the business/league/agents that TALk.

I'm essentially an "EAR" to it all and I take pride in being able to hear it, esp. as a Rockets fan.

Sometimes it falls through, other times it doesn't.

Even a no-name like Jordan Hamilton was a great deal of info I got.

One day, one day, we'll talk about Kevin Love. What a chameleon.

Love is Love is no longer, but that was coming, cosigned by DocRocket.

Okay, one love to Clutch, Oeilpere, Doc, Cyber, Will, Jeff, Bima, JR.

I'm out to see some ball and the city of sin.

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dear god, if its kevin martin i think ill shoot myself, but shoot morey first

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We appreciate the info Codman!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.