1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL come on, that washed up scrub might be starter material for the handful of games he's able to play every year before inevitably getting hurt, but let's not get crazy.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I could see the Rockets trading BACK though to get his contract.

#18 and Prig for #24 and Haywood

Between Haywood and KPap, that would give them enough in contracts to go get any player in the league, including Melo, Bosh, CP3, etc.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

D(Lee)fensive sieve is Defensive sieve

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But he is a career .036 three point shooter....

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Disagree. DMo is younger, at least an equal post player and a much better defender. The only thing Lee clearly has over DMo is rebounding, and he might be a slightly better playmaker.

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Are you still drunk?

7. Space City

Space City Member

Better player? Maybe
    Better fit? No

No 3 point range, no defense, too injury prone. For the right place, you take a shot, but I wouldn't take him as our long term PF.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It is always entertaining watching D-Mo fans get riled up.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

um, no to trading dmo to the lakers? lol.

10. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Guys, he just providing us information about what hes has heard... Just take it for what its worth geez.

11. rocketshopeful

based on what? Lee is on his way down. D-Mo questionable now due to his injury, but prior to that he was clearly on his way up. I think you are only looking at Lee's numbers earlier in his career. He is never going to get those numbers again.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lee would be an outstanding pickup on a cheap deal.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To do what? As a backup center for 40 games or so? He certainly can't shoot well enough to play PF for the Rockets without just awful spacing issues. Wouldn't we just prefer going with Capela?

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

but wut about gud playerz

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO if they end up trading DMO I hope like hell they can trade him for what some of these people in here think he's worth lol. If that happened we could end up with Lebron or Curry LOL.

16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

NO cloud ...saying Lee might be stretched is providing us with info but saying Lee is perfect for this team and is better than DMO is his opinion so dont just ignorantly backup cyber wihtout knowing what your backing up.

To say David "defensless" lee is better than DMO and fits perfectly in this team is truly irrational and makes no sense to anyone who watched DMO play this season.

Dmo provides THIS team with the exact needs we expect from a PF and then some because he also adds a top 10 post game in regards of PFS.

Lee does one thing better than DMO and thats rebound, even then id like to see dmo play more against PFs because i dont think he be so overmatched strength wise, so i take his rebounding numbers with a grain of salt.

But he spaces the floor for us, hits 3 at a good rate, is a brilliants econd option late in the shot clock, high basketball IQ, and very good defense, no way in a million years is Lee a better fit on this team then DMO period

1 person likes this.
  17. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

haha soo funny...NOT , do u even have a basketball opinion of just want to add stupid goosip talk to forums?

I forgot ya you think Tjones is a better player than Dmo, shows me where your basketball opinion ranks...right there at the bottom

Instead of throwing stupid comments give us one where you actually think lee is a better fit than DMO..i dare you...how do some of these posters become a contributing member? By not having a basketball opinion or by agreeing with whatever known posters say? i wonder...

18. malakas

malakas Member

But how? The mle will go to llull and no cap space. Lee will find much more in the market than a vet min.
    I dont think they will find a taker if arent ready to give up more assets than #30. With all the wave of internationals pulling out last week now the back of the draft has fallen off a cliff. Maybe they can swap bad contracts with Sacramento. Jazz could perhaps be interested for their unguaranteed contracts..?
    But in any case if lee is stretched likely it will be at the back end of free agency. They have to wait first in case Knicks La or Portland Dallas dont land anyone good and decide to take him as a one year stopgap for the pick. We cant make our plans based on that.
    Amd by that time its likely as u said that one of Dmo or Jones is already traded and perhaps Josh Smith has found a better contract than the small one the Rox can offer him. Therr is a hole at pf that must be filled smh.

19. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

So what are we going to do with our pg situation cyberx?

20. malakas

malakas Member

Have you considered the thought that cyber may know more about Dmos injury than you? Maybe the prognosis is that it will take a lot of time for him to come back the same or even never and will have to deal with such problems reccuring for the rest of his carreer amd lose games.
    Besides if Lee signs here it can be onlY be vet min and he will be a one or two year stop gap as we wait for the durant sweeptakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.