1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to break the losing streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BigMaloe, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Im very confident that starting this thread will break the slump. I even had deja vu while typing this.

Anyone with any other superstitions that they think will work?

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

To borrow words from MR Double-Check

[​IMG]

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

There is only one way to break this losing streak; Score more runs than the other team next match. :grin::cool:

1 person likes this.
  4. LondonAstro

LondonAstro Member

Can't help but think back to Villar's non-play in the 9th in Toronto on Sunday... Getting through that 9th would've been a really big win.

Anyway, yeah we need to snap this streak now as we're fortunate we're still leading and the damage is still reparable.

5. conquistador#11

it's that dork matt thomas' fault. grrr

1 person likes this.
  6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Correa's going to be doing a fatty.

1 person likes this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Guys are just in slumps right now. By the numbers, Gattis, Carter, and Valbuena are all well below their career numbers. It is more likely than not that this guys have some productive months ahead of them.

I'm not sure just how good Altuve really is, but over the last 24 games he has posted a .468 OPS. He's better than that.

Springer has been quietly spectacular since his slow start. Correa is looking like the truth. And with VV and McCullers, our rotation suddenly looks like it may be pretty good, with mid season additions possible. Just gotta ride this out until the guys bust out, we're in good shape.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So seal?
    My assumption is that you are on the train that would rather take a bat to get rid of Valbuena's production.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not sure what you mean?

I like Valbuena, he has a .171 BABIP, that has to come up. Having said that a huge part of his problem is his complete helplessness against lefties. I'm at the point where I think we should just waive Hernandez, and call up Matt Duffy for the sole purpose or starting against lefties at 3rd.

Not that I'm so in love with Duffy, just that we can't keep running Valbuena and Marwin out there against them. I can't possibly see him being worse than them.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Best way to break it is to win.

I feel a little conflicted though, cause on the one hand, their success up to this point had really gotten me excited about this season. They're leading the division? Ten to twelve games above .500? Could playoffs be a possibilty? As this losing streak continues though, it makes me nervous and frustrated that they are letting all that slip out of their fingers. Yet this team really wasn't even supposed to be in this position anyways this year. So just gotta keep it real.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

First thing is to put Altuve back in the lead off spot.
    Second get rid of Qualls.

13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Here is what Mark Grace had to say on the subject

"A slump-buster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fattest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."

Ladies don't get mad, this deal could go both ways and yall could find a fat dude if needed....just quoting a baseball great on what to do in situations like ours :grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Been through a lot of losing over the last 4 years... but I am absolutely not concerned one IOTA about this losing streak now.

Hell, bring on more left-handed starting opponents (although there is no way they'll continue to face this many lefties as they have the last month)... this team is on the cusp of exploding.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. SuraGotMadHops

Yes...the whole juju got messed up when he stopped leading off.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Play harder

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looks like the Stros are coming back to earth. If any consolation so are the Twins the other surprising team.

19. akgoel

akgoel Member

Bring back Tal's Hill !!!

1 person likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Scrappier.