1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling all Rockets Fans in Los Angeles - Where are you going to watch the game? Is there a Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ultrawhite23, May 16, 2015.

1. ultrawhite23

ultrawhite23 Member

GAME FRICKIN 7.

The last thing I want is a bunch of faker (laker)/flipper (clipper) fans surrounding me if I feel like going to watch in a lively bar atmosphere rather than watching at home with my wife.

As far as I know, there are no "rocket" bars anywhere in Los Angeles where I live.

I would love to know if there is anybody else in Los Angeles that is going to a Texan bar (prob closest thing to hope for) to watch the game. I'm very nervous and anxious about the game giving all of our heartbreak and misfortune the last 20 years, and would love to be in a place with positive rocket energy while we battle to move on to the next series.

I have been searching google and the best thing I have found is Busby's (mid-city) or Barney's Beanery (west Hollywood) or Big Wangs (Hollywood UT bar?). Would prefer a place on the westside or Santa Monica if possible, but doubt there are any established rocket places out here or I would have already heard of them.

If anybody in LA wants to use this thread to band together and post any ideas, that would be awesome if something comes together. I really don't know how many of us are out there. I rarely see any rockets logo or gear anywhere in LA, like 1-2 times in the six years I have lived here, but know there gotta be a few of u guys out there!

Please share and I will be there dressed in ketchup and mustard representing hard!

2. hookups

hookups Member

Owner of East Borough in Culver City is a die hard rockets fan

3. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Big Wangs sucks. Barney's isn't great either. I'll be at BWW in Hollywood with a couple of people.

1 person likes this.
  4. ultrawhite23

ultrawhite23 Member

Awesome, I'm close by to that place but unfortunately they only have a very small bar and one tiny TV if I remember correctly?

It's a Vietnamese restaurant place right ?

5. ultrawhite23

ultrawhite23 Member

Ya true it's a pretty crappy location, I've only played beer pong once their years ago at Wangs. Definitely not a place I would expect a lot of rocket fans, Google article must be outdated.

And Barneys is whatever by no way I would expect it a good place for a rockets game, too diverse with its size and layout.

Don't you think Buffalo Wild Wings is going to be loaded with clipper fans?

I'm looking for a home bar advantage!

6. hookups

hookups Member

Yea its a vietnamese restaurant, great food, it's definitely not a BWW but that's also a good thing :)

Bar seating for like 6 so if u wanna see the game best to sit there as opposed to any other seat in restaurant

7. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I live in the Inland Empire. Your right hard to enjoy our Rockets with LA fans everywhere. LA fans don't know how to at times so it's not always safe to be at the bar surrounded by drunk fans. I know. Been in that situation.

8. rockets018

rockets018 Member

So where's the spot gonna be? I know at least my self and 2 or 3 others thst met up in round 1 will be down. BWW will be really tough, you can't reserve seating and a ton of clippers fans. I think our best bet is for someone to find a more local place and call owner ahead of time.

Any ideas? I see a bar owner in Culver City is a big fan. That'd be awesome to get 15 of us in there!!

9. Ngadban389

Ngadban389 Member

I'm on my way flying to SNA rocking my Rockets Red. LMK, where the spot is and I'll meet up with the rest of you guys.

Will be great to watch the game with fellow Rocket fans in flipper land

10. rockets018

rockets018 Member

PAGING ULTRAWHITE AND HOUSTONWEST.

aye, I tried starting an official place for us all to meet but it looks like that's too far for many... me and another Rockets fan are in for sure, and I say we all go to a spot together along with the guy who's flying into SNA. Atleast have 6-7 of us.

11. rockets018

rockets018 Member

12. ultrawhite23

ultrawhite23 Member

YA BUDDY!

just ended up watching at home in my rockets lair.

Clutch city time for GS !