1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My favorite moment in yesterday's game: when Tjones missed that wide open layup...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, May 15, 2015.

1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Dwight came back and told him, "It's okay." on the next play or something.

It was subtle but I think the small things like that make a big difference. Dat leadership.

Also, I have Steve Ballmer's clothes from yesterday's game. I'm gonna go as Ballmer to Game 7. Be on the lookout.

1 person likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My favorite moment was Blake hitting that 360 layup or whatever it was. Clippers just stopped playing right after that moment.

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

it's almost like the Rockets took offense to that and they should have.....it's sparked that run.

4. bmd

bmd Member

I think in the heat of the moment I said "Damn it, Jones! Make a ****ing lay-up! Always missing lay-ups! C'mon, you're 6'9", put the ball in the basket! ****!"

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

That was coincidently the moment that I felt like punching a hole through the wall but instead opted for shutting off the tv. Shoulda just punched the wall and kept the TV on.

6. onreego

onreego Member

Did Dwight take him out in the following play or was that later?

7. onreego

onreego Member

oops this was supposed to be a reply to the 360 layup.

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I almost felt like that. Then, I remembered that in basketball, you can't be perfect, only consistent in effort and focus. The great teams knew this. We'll be more resilient from this. Harden will be the last on the team to learn it, ironically.

9. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

does anyone have a gif/video of this missed layup? I can't seem to remember...

10. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Yep early on Jones missed a giveme...and I wondered if it was an omen of another bad Jones game.

My favorite moment(s) watching Clipper reaction to Josh Smith bombing them crazy...priceless, you could see the fear in their eyes and the hearts of the Rockets soar with each bomb. One of those great Rockets memories.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is hilarious!

Please have courtside tickets. And cheer uncontrollably, do funny things with your hands, and contort your mouth in funny angles

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OhKxJBVYMmX/embed/simple" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

12. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

My favorite moment was when terry hit the last shot and there was a pause after he said his name
    It was like the shock was sinking lower and lower until you finally realise this was the greatest comeback of the season (so far)
    I still cant believe it

13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

14. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

In all fairness, that was an amazing (-ly lucky) shot.

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

My favorite part of the comeback was watching Rivers get more and more upset.

1 person likes this.
  16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The two free throws that Howard had. The bank shot and high off the rim. Ha ha ! That was legit !!

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

that was my plan. i was gonna print out a face of ballmer and put it on mine. only problem is i'm upper bowl :(

1 person likes this.
  18. photojoe

photojoe Member

Upper bowl? Just being able to go to game 7 at all will be amazing!

I love your idea of dressing up like Ballmer!

19. arubato

arubato Member

Didn't see that Dwight told him something. Maybe I was just upset that Jones didn't convert on that 3 on 1 fastbreak.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did anyone else think OP was at the game and Balmer threw his shirt off and OP got it?

Can totally see Balmer doing that.

Which reminds me. I was at Game 1 in '95 vs the Spurs, and after the game I found David Robinson's jock strap on the floor under our basket and grabbed it. I guess his somehow lost it while trying to cover Dream. I still can't sell it on eBay though.