1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the easiest playoffs in recent rockets history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LA_Baller, Apr 22, 2015.

1. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

This Mavs team seems like the weakest team we have faced in the playoffs, even before Rondo and Chandler were reportedly out for the season.

What do you guys think? Finally the Rockets catch a break in the playoffs! I think we will be more ready for the second round than any other team in the Western Conference.

Recent history playoff opponents: The Mavs ( won because of better role players and refs), Jazz (Refs, overall better squad it was Tmac and Yao vs the Utah Jazz), Portland (outcoached, having Lin on the squad), Lakers ( Injuries tmac, yao, mutombo).

Even with 2 starters out we look great out there. Very proud to be a Rockets fan.

Thoughts?

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Y'all just won't stop. It's unbelievable. :mad:

3 people like this.
  3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I'm getting so sick of these jinx threads

this series is not over. You'd think Rockets fans of all fans would not get so confident.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Thoughts? Hold yours, first.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm still waiting for the thread about whether we should lose a game on purpose vs a sweep so we doubt get too stale for the next round.

6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

This is a horrible thread. That is all.

7. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

Coming from a BIG Houston Rockets fan in LA, I am disappointed with most of the Rockets fan on this board, do people in Houston always have to complain and moan about everything and not use critical thinking? I never said this series was over, I am saying this is clearly the easiest opponent we have faced off against in a playoff series in a long time.

8. adobo

adobo Member

Don't count your chickens before they hatch....

Rockets have held serve in our court...but we now have to take a game in there home court...

They just lost Rondo which is actually an addition for them.....

Don't jump the gun

1 person likes this.
  9. KlutchQT

Yes, definitely not already penciling us in for the win! :rolleyes:

10. krouchchocolate

Wow stop jinxing it. Dallas might be better without rondo and parsons. This series is far from over. Hell the game was neck and neck till the 4th

11. adobo

adobo Member

Well it's kind of hard to say if this is the weakest we have played for a while when we have only played 2 games...what happens if they turn it around and they win the next 3 games?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

SHUT THE **** UP OP, lol geez Who are these people?

13. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

Says the crack head supporter, SF3isback? You even type like an uneducated simpleton.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Damn, whats wrong with you people?

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Can we please lock this **** up, mods?
    Amnesia has hit our fans early this year.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

This is an Anti-Jinx post comment.

17. KlutchQT

lollllllll

18. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

As a BIG Houston Rockets fan in Houston, I am disappointed with this thread. We played two games in houston and won both, which btw were NOT gimmies. The Mavs hung around and stayed with us, we executed well and did what we were supposed to do- win at home. Now use your critical thinking and realize that this series is far from over. We have to play them in their house with their noisy crowed. They kept up with us in the first two games until the 4th, don't expect that in dallas. It may happen (I hope it does) but it's wayyyy to early to assume a series victory. We were up 2 in 05 and we were up 2 in 07, and lost both those series.

I understand your excitement but bro, really? Don't say anything this early! I don't believe in jinxes but just from past history, this is way to early to be talking like this.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Seriously ... they still can hurt us. Even in the last game, they had a lead early in the 4th quarter in Houston. If the game is played away from basket, they will beat us most of the time. Now, obviously, we want to play in the paint and above the rim, and that's how we won game 2. Game 1 was a little bit of luck if you come to think of it. We were in a dog fight with those guys until out of nowhere Corey Brewer hit those threes and Ariza also hit one on a broken play at the end of the clock. Had we missed two of those threes, it would have been a very reachable game for those guys too.
    For the rest of series, they would do everything to stop us from getting into the paint, trying to limit us to contested J or drive. Now, that's going to be a tall order for them, but they are veteran bunch and proud bunch, so they are not folding, that's for sure. To your question: Are they worst in terms of strength? Not even close. People get upset partly because Jinx, but more important, please give our opponent a little respect. It sure would be annoying had we been on the other side and their fans say stuff like that about us (on that note, some of the Mav fans are probably the worst arrogant fans I have ever seen). Don't be like them.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

God forgive they don't know better