1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola is coming back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ming The King, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Its not the moment, but post season is in 2 months

I talked with Luis Scola about his future back in September. He misses Houston (and Kevin McHale wants him) and also said China is a great option

From David Alarcon in hoopshype.com

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We're thinking about the Mavericks right now

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

China needs him more.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Isn't HoopsHype crap?

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Eh.. Maybe 5 years ago.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No. You're thinking Hoopsworld

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would very much welcome him back. Would be a fantastic addition, in my opinion.

8. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I don't think we have a spot for him. Dwight, Dmo, Jones, Capela, maybe Smith

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Have to see how the roster rounds out first but yeah its a possibility now that he's off his existing contract.

I'm assuming teams will still pursue him with vet contract offers. He's still an effective offensive player off the bench, but the guy can't guard anyone.

I'm also assuming D-Mo and Jones will both be back next year, and there is a slight possibility of Josh Smith coming back as well if we can make the money work. For a 3rd string PF, I would have to think that the most Morey will offer him is the vet min. If that's the case, I think it will be tempting for Luis not to return to Europe for one last run over there where he is a legend in Euroleague play, and could make more money as well.

So Scola fans, I wouldn't count on it. I think he's pretty much done in the NBA as far as being a key player on a title contender, and its hard to see him back in a Rockets uniform unless there is a mega trade involving a PF or two, and he's signed for cheap.

10. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

If he could transfer all his knowledge to Dmo...Hmmm

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh, right.

Well I'd take him back for super cheap just cuz I love the guy.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Absolutely if he comes on a vet min deal. He and DMo can do some syncronized scooping on the block.

By really, he's still a good player that can add value on the floor. Put him next to Capela and we can hide his defensive deficiencies.

13. Convictedstupid

I think he could be solid as the 5th big.

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

His midrange jumpshot would add a nice wrinkle to the offense and make the rockets more versatile.

But he can't defend PFs. The team already has enough trouble with that already.

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

well he is a great student of the game as well...he might fit in as a potential player-coach and be the 3rd string PF while shoring up his coaching bona fides...I could see him coming back in that capacity.

16. alethios

alethios Member

I've seen him be more aggressive on defense lately. In last night's game against Grizz, he was crowding his man and had a nice block on Jeff Green. I wouldn't have believed it was him doing it had I not seen it.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo loves him.

18. rocketsmetalspd

I would welcome Scola back to H-Town and being a good role model/player/coach would be ideal. He should be allowed to come back and retire a Rocket, he is on the mural in the TC.

19. kevtse

kevtse Member

why did we cut him?

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Scola could be just the type of cheap bench deepening player that teams on championship runs get... would b nice to have him back. I'm bettin he can still give u a solid 20 mins a night as needed...