1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do NBA Analyst who were former Rockets like Kenny Smith or JVG have to kiss the ass of the current R

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 11, 2015.

?

Do former Rockets players who are on TV have to blindly defend the Rockets now?

1. No, because it's not their job to be biased (what Morey said Barkley is doing)

50 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. Yes, JVG has to kiss Morey's ass and Les's ass, even Toyota's ass

19 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently some of you twitter/instagram/pissed off you got free U2 songs on your iTunes "rocket fans"

are now targeting former players because they don't act biased toward their former team, the Rockets

Is it understandable that you are angry that Barkley went bonkers on Morey, but you claim Kenny Smith won't 'defend' the Rockets?

Oh yeah, that's what you remember about the 1994 finals? I remember that we won.

Let me use the Lakers as an example, Magic Johnson went bonkers on the Lakers. So are Lakers fans ANGRY at Magic?

Nah bro. Maybe the Laker fans appreciate the Lakers championships, more than the entitled newb rockets fans here.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/mag...-kobe-took-more-money-and-why-pau-gasol-left/

“HIS FATHER WAS SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT, YOU KNOW WHAT? I CAN OWN THE TEAM, BUT I DON’T HAVE THE BASKETBALL EXPERTISE TO MAKE THOSE DECISIONS, SO LET ME BRING IN JERRY WEST, ONE OF THE BEST — IF NOT THE BEST — MIND IN BASKETBALL, TO MAKE BASKETBALL DECISIONS. THEN HE CONSULTED GUYS LIKE MYSELF, RIGHT? ‘HEY, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS, MAGIC? IF WE TRADE FOR THIS GUY, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR OUR TEAM,’ RIGHT?”

“GUESS WHAT JIM’S DOING? TRYING TO DO IT HIMSELF. TRYING TO PROVE TO EVERYBODY THAT THIS WAS THE RIGHT DECISION THAT MY DAD GAVE ME THE REINS AND HE’S NOT CONSULTING ANYBODY. THAT CAN’T HELP HIM ACHIEVE HIS GOALS AND DREAMS, WHICH IS TO WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.”

Nobody on Clutch City Championship Teams have to do anything for the Rockets or city of Houston anymore, they did plenty already.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Another thread that's a direct reply to an existing thread? Ban him for spamming the GARM.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So... this is pretty much a reply to an existing thread.

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

there's no poll on that thread

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No need to be be biased towards the Rockets, just don't spew incorrect information about the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

if Kenny Smith had to correct Shaq or Barkley on stats, then they would have to double his pay

On top of that, I'm sure Kenny wanted to move along and talk about his Dean Smith segment

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh JVG just said on ESPN that the Rockets missed a "Great piece in Chandler Parsons"

Oh he hatez Rocketz yo MR White

8. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

This is proven false based on Charles Barkley's recent (maybe not really recent) actions.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't need JVG, Kenny or Barkley to be biased. That's kinda the point, I don't need fat Sir Charles to be biased. Stop your hatred you fat fool.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

http://newsok.com/tnts-charles-bark...-after-game-1-loss-to-thunder/article/3792021

this is from 2013:

Barkley, who claims the Rockets still owe him $5 million in salary, said. “They are a cheap organization. They don't want to pay no extra days at a motel.”

After TNT showed a tweet from Rockets general manger Daryl Morey, “That was painful.” Barkley said, “Daryl Morey has done a good job, but don't worry about it. It will be over quickly.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't get why Ernie or Kenny couldn't at least correct Charles on his "Rockets are worst defensive team in the NBA" rant. Rockets have hovered around top 5 in defense all season.

1 person likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

LOOOOOOOL!

Jim Buss is the least successful defacto GM in Lakers history probably. Morey is, at worst, the second best GM in Rockets history. There is no comparison with what Magic did. The entire Lakers organization is critical of Buss.

What Charles is doing is reprehensible - he is abusing his position in national media to pursue a personal vendetta. Kenny should have called him out because Kenny is an analyst too, and moreso because Kenny knows at least as much about the Rockets as Barkley so the fact that he was a Rocket IS relevant.

No one has ever said they can't be critical because the Rockets somehow gifted them rings or whatever. But yes obviously, when you are a part of a championship's legacy, the fans can and should expect you to be fair and balanced towards the Rockets - whether that's through praise or criticism is irrelevant.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

another horrible thread from tinmac. lock it up!

14. tinman

Supporting Member

They aren't responsible. Clearly people know that the rockets aren't the worst

15. deshen

deshen Member

Wow, How many times do you think Rockets has ever won a playoff series?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

This isn't the first time the Rockets are on TNT and Kenny has been fair .

It's not like Kenny has to say something everytime Shaq insults Dwight.

17. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Ernie has mentioned that the Rockets are a top 5 defensive team based on 'the stats' ... the rest is history. :rolleyes:

18. NotChandlerParsons

If I'm reading the OP of this thread correctly, one time they won a championship!

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lmfao! Let it go man!! Didn't mean to hurt your internet feelings

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I hope you learned your lesson.