1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at a 6 to 8 week time frame (UPDATED w/ Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/8137/dwight-howard-knee-six-to-eight-week-return/

Dwight just spoke to us a few minutes ago. He let "6 to 8 weeks" sort of slip when he was talking about how long he would be out. Dr Lowe spoke afterwards and called that time frame reasonable, though he said he could be back sooner.

I'm posting the video shortly... this will be a comments thread for it as well.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That'd be cutting it awfully close to playoff time. Whatever it takes, I guess.

3. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

6-8 weeks from now or from 2 weeks ago?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

jives with morey repeatedly referencing "in time for the playoffs" on dwight's return

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing.

Like we've all been saying: as long as he's ready to go for the playoffs, do whatever you need to do.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Dr. Lowe was asked that very question.

He said, "It's kind of whenever you want it to be. Seriously, it's just an estimate. This will happen as he heals, so I'm not going to let him wait to four weeks if he's ready to push at two. We have to make decisions week in and week out based on how he's doing and based on the level of loading. I'd say from the day of the procedure, the day he quit playing is probably where that concept comes from, but really it's more just a time frame to say that's probably very reasonable for him to be Dwight again."

He called it a "week to week" thing.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's fine. Let's play it safe with Dwight's health. I would love to have a healthy Dwight back with 10 games to go in the regular season than to see him limping into the playoffs because he's worried about the knee.

Sounds like good news overall. No structural damage, 4 weeks of solid rehab planned, and Dwight says he's going to get into better shape. After the playoffs, he has the whole summer to rest the knee.

8. i3artow i3aller

Not overly concerned as Western Conference playoff match-ups are going to be a crapshoot this year anyways. All we need is our health and a ticket to the dance.

9. rocketblood713

Rather have him healthy an when it matters then banged up and giving us nothing

10. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

What ever it takes for the big fella to get healthy for the playoffs...If he comes back rejuvenated like he was at the beginning of the season it will be well worth the wait...With injuries to guys like Blake Griffin and struggles from the likes of the Blazers, if Dwight has to miss time this is definitely the time to miss (not to mention the week long All Star Break)

11. omgTHEpotential

I guess it's Dorsey time.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the one thing with dwight out so long is any further injuries, especially to harden, and we can fall out of the playoff picture very quickly

13. omgTHEpotential

Unless DMo and TJones completely take over and both average 20/10.

14. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Just glad his injury won't keep him out for the entire season

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

neither of them are going to average 20/10 any month this season

16. HTM

HTM Member

Dwight brings it in the playoffs

as long as he is healthy for that, give him all the rest he needs.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I kinda always suspected he'd be out til late March. This timeframe would put his return around then. I just hope when he does return, he's the Dwight from the beginning of the season.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if harden and howard are both out im pretty sure dmo would average that.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't seem him getting 10 rebs per game right now over any multiweek stretch

20. omgTHEpotential

Stop hating!