1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

whether you're a fan or not

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by joeson332, Jan 16, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

it was pretty cool watching the Cavs and Lakers game last night (yeah I know both teams suck) but seeing Kobe and Lebron go head to head most of the time and, going back and forth, Kobe being appreciative and taking in the moment was fun to watch as a basketball fan. I'm in my early 20's so he's what MJ was to most people here. Kind of bittersweet knowing his time is almost up in the league.

2. alethios

alethios Member

There was definitely some feel-good moments there. You can tell they have a lot of respect for each other. It was funny to hear that the conversation they were having was mostly about how LeBron's age and how his body is starting to break down more. I think he knows.

3. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

If you don't stay on it nearly year round as you age you are going to deteriorate rapidly.

Weights, stretching, cardio, stretching again, ice, then some more ice, and finally a good stretch.
    4-6 times a week. That's just the off season.

I respect their games and dedication, but I don't watch their propaganda.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

yes, i definitely enjoyed the matchup. was magical in that sense. you could tell the players just sort of played and really didn't care who won (albeit cavs) in the end.

5. Coach Chris

Coach Chris Member

Kobe represents the past and Lebron represents the current age. Too bad there wasn't some young gun on either team to represent the future.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What about Lin? How could you forget about the future that Jeremy Lin has?

7. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

He was in the game prior. The one with the large beard.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Think I enjoyed more a few years back when the two faced each other. Now it is just sad to see Kobe going out like this. At least MJ's first two retirements were on the high notes. 3rd time was purely for fun. Kobe at this point is forced by his body to retire.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

that guy is pretty good at basketball

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Last night was Magic vs Jordan.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've learned that fans from the era the preceded Michael Jordan and caught fire with Bird & Magic all seem to agree that MJ is superior to anyone.

Fans from the MJ-to-Lebron era all seem to think MJ is superior.

It isn't until you get to the people that never saw MJ play that you hear arguments for Kobe Or LeBron being superior.

I feel like if LeBron were truly great he'd convince the preceding era's fans the same way MJ did.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I watched Lebron go against the previous generations best the last two finals. He won one and lost the other.

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"Oh, so now it's ok to laugh and lose?"

-Dwight

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

You mean on a video game you have ?

last night was too crappy teams with aging stars playing late at night. that's what that was.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Everything Kobe does is fake and for show. Every in-game facial expression, every play reaction. He is made for LA fans.

Dwight is just a big dumb happy goober. Not made for LA fans.

16. downbytheriver

lol.

Lebron isn't much better. Jordan won 6 rings after he was his age, not a lot of b****ing and moaning about his creaky joints from him.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Excellent observations, I started watching basketball in late 80's (I was young and got to go to my first Rockets game at the Summit), after that I got a lot more serious about bball in probably 91/92... So I got to watch tail end of Bird/Magic, but man as much as I love Hakeem, Jordan was something else. Out of all the teams I got to see the Rockets play in person, I regret not getting to watch Jordan live. Obviously I watched the games on TV, but man Jordan was one of a kind, Kobe was/is close, and LeBron is special, but no way either have passed MJ. I mean Kobe had to play how many more minutes to pass Jordan in points??? Jordan was ruthless to even his own team mates in practice, and he talked a ton of **** on the court, but he was amazing and could back that trash talk up. He could singlehandedly take over and did it a lot, Hakeem definitely had that ability too. I really wish the Rockets in 97 got passed the damn jazz...

Here is another observation, sure Jordan had friend's from other teams (Ewing/Barkley), and obviously the whole FA thing is a bit different now, but you didn't see this team up crap that you see in today's nba. I mean Jordan recently said he would put Hakeem on his personal best ever team (over his good friend Ewing). I'm not sure you'd see today's players say that, can you imagine how hurt Wade/LeBron would be? They'd cry forever, lol.