1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suck it, Hubie Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Dec 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope Harden will improve his mid range shooting. That will give him another weapon to use.

2. CertifiedTroll

Have you watched Harden this season?

3. ribbit

ribbit Member

Whenever he shoots a midrange, it's almost automatic 2 pts. I've noticed that, too.

4. cutchboycam

cutchboycam Member

Lmao. Yea Hubie was pissin me the hell off. Talkin up Denver like they are something and talkin down James. He obviously never watches the Rockets. Keep him off the mic

5. thething

thething Contributing Member

I didn't even notice the Ugh on Harden's 3, but it did feel like I was watching the Denver broadcast. Even the local broadcasts are complimentary of other team's players at times.

So it was definitely a Denver-slanted broadcast but I don't mind watching the other team's broadcast at times. When it is JVG it is more Rockets biased. They all have their little biases but it was a little surprising from Hubie since I didn't remember that in the past.

6. cutchboycam

cutchboycam Member

Yes the forearm call was ridic. He could of retracted his statement after the replay but he didn't. I know Bill didn't like it

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Hubbie is the best in the business, listening to one game he does can do wonders for your basketball IQ. He spent most of the night complimenting our players....what are you guys talking about??

8. rocket43

rocket43 Member

i noticed he referred to Denver as "we" multiple times. as if her were a part of there team. he was fair but was obviously pulling for denver.

9. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

yeah i got the same impression

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I've always thought Hubie is the best NBA broadcaster.

I don't recall him using "we" in the game, because I have to fast forward through a lot of breaks in the action, but I imagine him meaning it as in "we," who appreciate good basketball.

So how DID he use it? Was it like "we need to hit some threes to get back in this game"? Or was it like, "you see, this is what we like," after someone on the Nuggets made a good play? Cause that's the just they way he commentates, and I tend to like it. Very informal and laid back.

11. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

There is 0 chill in this thread. Hubie was good last night and for the few of us in here from the NJ/NY area, Ruocco is a good guy too.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hubie was good overall

Most of his "ugghh's" were just in pure awe of Harden as a player. Like "man this guy is soooooo good"

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Hubie was fine...what's more troubling is instead of a headline like "Harden leads/lifts Rockets to win in OT) or "Harden hero in OT win", the ESPN headline is "Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver".

Instead of describing Harden with leadership or hero qualities, they negatively label his heroics as "spoiling" something. I know it's a sports idiom, but it's still a negative word - people don't like spoiled things and generally that idiom is used to denote when a bad team beats a superior team to give an unexpected result....and then to add insult to injury, they don't actually mention the win in the headline(translation: Harden isn't a "winner", he's just a guy who spoiled something). They mind as well said, "Harden party pooper in OT game in Denver".

You might think I'm being too sensitive but I have worked at a few well known corporate jobs(not ESPN, but brands just as famous) and I can assure you that copy writers and marketing types all think like this and are very strategic not just in what they say, but how they say it. Bottom line is there is a media bias against Harden and the Rockets even in subtle ways, they are trying to take the luster off of Harden's fantastic play this year.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

I am SOOOOO glad I can now get Root Sports Houston through Direct TV. I do not have to listen to the national broadcasters or other teams broadcaster through crappy streams (although Drexler can sometimes make me want to listen to someone else).

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

It wasnt Hubie...Hubie was very complimentary of our players and theirs...it was the mutt next to him..Ryan Ruocco who kept saying that Harden was flopping on the hit he took to the face and the elbow hook.

[​IMG]

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i watch on root, what happened?

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hubie did rag on the Rockets and Harden a little, but he also pointed out how several balls knocked out of bounds by the Nuggets were given to Denver by mistake, he was complimentary of several Rockets players throughout the game, and he did praise Harden many times.

We're not talking Jon Barry type of commentary here. Hubie knows his stuff and he's pretty fair.

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

THis^^^^

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but this could be it's own topic on the GARM somewhere. Mainstream media programs the masses daily with propaganda and subtleties like the example above. ESPN did that on purpose and it was strategically genius. The average fan reads that title and a negative prospective is subconsciously formed before one word of the article is even read. lol Good post man

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Good lord. If the announcers don't spend the whole game ball washing the Rockets, they are haters.:rolleyes:

Y'all are a bunch of babies.

20. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

CF will only eat their momma's cooking. Anything else is disgusting. I was watching the game with my brother whose a huge Mavs fan and all he kept saying was Hubie Brown's man crush for Dmo and Harden is ridiculous.