1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[10th ANNIVERSARY] Tracy McGrady: 13 points in 35 seconds 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 9, 2014.

1. djimi

djimi Member

There are probably only 3 ways a fan can feel about a player on their team; either they like that player, hate that player or have neutral feelings about the player. You probably fall in the category of liking T-Mac, tinman OTH as most on CF knows fall in the category of hating T-Mac. I, OTH, have neutral feelings about T-Mac. I was really a big fan of him in the early days and to be honest, i loved that 13pts in 35sec play, it was epic at that time. I watched it over and over again. But what T-Mac did towards the end (Raptors game, how he announced injuries), not being able to bring this team past the first round despite him being so talented, just cancels off all the great things he did. I dont hate him, i dont like him, im just neutral. I prefer to move on. No point living in the past.

As for tinman, its also his right to hate on T-Mac. everyone is different i guess. You dont have to tell him he has low standards because there's nothing wrong with hating on a player both current and former.

What T-Mac did in that Spurs game was amazing but end of the day, its just one win. He still didnt managed to bring this team past the first round which he shouldnt be entirely blamed for but for the talents he had and being a superstar player, people usually set the bar quite high.

Now for the person who posted Yao didnt won a playoff series and made fun of the rockets retiring Yao's number, that is low standards ;)

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate T-mac.

I just don't believe what the TOFs preach:

1. tmac's failures were never his fault
    2. if tmac was healthy (he was for the first few years year)
    3. would of could of should of would of could of should of
    4. tmac fans dislike rick adelman because he stood up to his ego
    5. tmac was never as good as lebron or kobe or hakeem as the TOFs preach
    6. tmac completely lied to the rockets about his health, tmac fans don't believe it.

I only hate Scottie Pippen. but that was when the 99ers were the majority. nobody joined clutchfans for Pippen. we all agreed because we all believed in the truth

when the YOF, TOF, and LOF came, the truth was not respected and lies dominated clutchfans

we are here to destroy lies

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Funny how I always read you shi* on every TMac thread, yet I don't read what you listed too often.
    Can't we just enjoy this great moment without you bringing it down?

Back on topic: I don't think I will ever get tired of watching that video.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I never said it wasn't one of the great regular season wins in recent memory.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Stop it man, you are making yourself look worst. That is complete BS. I'd respect you more if you were being honest about your hate for T-Mac. You have gone out of your way, in multiple threads, to take shots at T-Mac, the player, not his fans. Even in threads where T-Mac is not even mentioned. Don't try to backtrack now.

6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Was on a date in Jacksonville, FL with a girl named Kristina while playing pool at Pete's Bar (Grisham wrote about it), kept glancing up at the screen as the game got closer, had her rooting there with me as the game continued after explaining the improbability of what was actually happening...

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

How come this team did't win any championship!

Yao TMac , Scola etc..cursed roster

8. mrhookshot

mrhookshot Member

the insane usually don't think they are insane...

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I made a Tmac thread in the dish, it was purely news.
    He said , he wished he never left Toronto.

this is all facts.

10. Ghost_of_Akeem

Tmac had the talent but he never had the heart or the stomach to win. We saw flashes of him when he did play with heart, such as the game against S.A when he scored 13 in 35 but those moments were very few and far between.

Tmac was a very talented basketball player who didn't really love playing basketball. No, big deal right? The only reason I can't stand him is because of how he led our fans along and didn't just quit from the moment he realized this.

11. the shark

the shark Member

I believe the anniversary of him QUITTING on his team against Toronto is coming up as well (Jan 2nd).

Now he's coming out saying he should have stayed with Toronto, and not gone to Orlando.

Please shut your piehole Stacy!!!

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

surreal ... this and the 22-game winning streak

I became a Rockets fan because of TMac.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yeah, things soured up eventually but we choose to remember the good times. Grateful for the good times

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Weird infatuation, hate, obsession, call it what you will.

It is funny you have been calling folks here TOFs and whatnot and you of all people probably have started tons of threads about him.

I cannot remember having ever started a thread on Tracy McGrady.

He would have needed one when he did play best.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Edit: I probably started one or two threads at best... in case you are trying to getting back at me

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Steve Francis did not exactly turn into Rajon Rondo the second time he was around.

And Tmac broke down, yeah Yao as well.

17. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

Simply amazing. One of the most exciting moments in Rocket's history.

18. today

today Contributing Member

I was at that game with my wife and grandmother.... My grandmother wanted to leave with a minute to go to get a head start on the traffic, but I made her stay =)

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

because yao got PUNISHED by carlos boozer.

1 person likes this.