1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whould you consider the Rockets a deep team now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Dec 6, 2014.

?

Do the Rockets now have depth?

1. Yes

152 vote(s)
    60.1%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Yes, If you call GameStop Managers and Toys R Us stockers depth.

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Let me get back to you.

44 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

With all the injuries, people at the end of the bench have had to step up, which has in turn given them more confidence. You can say the Injuries have been a blessing in disguise. At the beginning of the season depth was an issue.

Fans here thought DMO was a bust, Canaan still wasn't ready, Terry was too old, Black was garbage, Papa was Clutchfans overrated, Nick Johnson too new, Dorsey forged his passport to get back into the country. I think the opinion of Garcia remains the same, but I think he plays good D.

You think the Rockets have depth now? Do you think that Morey still needs to make a MAJOR move even though Rockets aren't just scraping by but getting legit wins against legit competition?

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Depth wasn't really an issue, idiot fans listening to media numbskulls was the problem

Depth was the issue last year

2 people like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Absolutely, every single player so far that has gotten his name called up to contribute and cover for a hurt comrade has came through. I mean this is a team so far that you just cant see where the hero will arise from, some nights its Ariza and some nights its Pat Bev....... Some nights its Terry and some Nights its DMO... Some nights its Nick Johnson? And some nights its Big Papa.......... These are all players who were viewed by the league and media as scrubs with the exception of Ariza.... Any of these guys can step it up at any given moment and hit a big shot. Add Harden and Howard to the mix and now this team has something good brewing. Didn't even mention Canon Ball and Jones..... My goodness what have you done Morey....

1 person likes this.
  4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I think when everyone comes back we will be deep because people that normally wouldn't play are gaining confidence.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Regular 9-10 man rotation is pretty deep. Our 3rd string depth is pretty meh though.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. D-leaguers overachieving is not depth. At least not yet.

The biggest difference, in terms of depth, is Motiejunas. Honestly, if DMo played like last season in the past 3 weeks, what would be our records now?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

In deep s*** right now. :p They can just as easily lose a few in a row, if Harden has to sit. Totally different dynamic with Hiward trying to do everything and that's if he is even back soon.

But really, these guys still have to adapt to playing less minutes, but with the same rhythm.

8. platypus

platypus Member

They aren't D-Leaguers. Nick Johnson was a 2nd round pick, so was Isaiah Cannan. These guys are talented young players who are proving their worth.

Calling them D Leaguers is incorrect.

1 person likes this.
  9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Not until we get everyone back.

No timetables for Jones, Dwight, Kosta and Canaan. At full strength, we will see how we play but I'm more comfortable with our team than I was at the start of the season.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They still need another backup 5 and one more playmaker. Who's your 2nd playmaker after Harden? Canaan? Bev? Papa? And props to Dorsey and Black for playing well lately, but do you want your postseason hopes riding on those two if Dwight's in foul trouble(or God forbid this knee injury lingers on)?

11. cbk41

cbk41 Member

And 'notable' names on paper at the start of the season riding the bench isn't necessarily depth either. But it would have been paraded as such. I'd be cautious of dismissing actual play in increased roles as evidence of said depth.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Once everyone is healthy, I am way more comfortable with the bench this season compared to last year. I am fine with Terry, Canaan, Papa and Jones/Dmo paying heavy minutes off the bench. Other than Asik, all 4 of these guys are better than everyone from the bench last season

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We need another playmaker and defender with a decent outside shot. A player who can coexist with Harden.

14. NotChandlerParsons

Really? I'm pleased with the way it turned out, but I didn't see Terry or Black giving us quality minutes.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Jimmy Butler fingers crossed for this offseason

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Yes, they have better role players, smarter and players who ACTUALLY want to play.

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This. The injuries have forced players to play and gain confidence which may go a long ways in making this team deeper.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not really.

If harden goes down, we are boned.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

We are deep while it lasts. SMH. Not complaining about winning though.

20. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

i think our bench is MUCH better than expected but idk if i'd give the nod yet on having a deep bench