1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets schedule. Predict first 20 games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Normalus, Aug 16, 2014.

1. AFS

AFS Member

Just amazing that they're doing this without a full squad. I wonder if our record would be much different even if we were healthy, though. I think Clippers still get the win against us. We might have taken that GSW game if Dwight played. Probably also would have won the Lakers game if Dwight played.

1 person likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

give this man a medal tomorrow.

3. codeine

codeine Member

u mad or nah lool:p

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What an accomplishment to be in position to get there with all of the injuries.

1 person likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Pretty sure this guy wins. Wowowow

1 person likes this.
  6. Normalus

Normalus Member

away game + b2b against fast-tempo Suns. You're sure we can keep up with them with Pap, Howard, TJones, Beverley, Canaan out? I'm not so sure.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ghost_of_Akeem

I think we can beat the Clips with a healthy squad. I don't think they're as good this year.

The GS game is harder to decipher, yeah we had the halftime lead on them and were looking good but remember that Dwight was a late scratch and GS was probably focused on having to deal with Dwight that night. Once they made the proper adjustments at halftime they blew our doors off, even with Dwight and Jones out there I think GS is a tough match. They are better than the Clippers were last year.

We probably win the game against the Lakers if we had Dwight, no doubt on that one. But, remember the Spurs sort of gift rapped one for us too. So, that leaves us with the one blowout at Memphis and its fair to say that was the teams worst performance so far this year, hey I will take it.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

How does that make sense to you? Them adjusting to Dwight not being there after struggling with their game plan really only proves how much Dwight impacts them. They weren't attacking the rim, and if Dwight was there, they wouldn't have been able to start doing it.

9. Ghost_of_Akeem

And who is to say that if Howard had started that their gameplan wouldn't have worked from the start? It's a two way street with this kind of bull-****. It's not like they lack the depth to counter us even if our team is healthy, GS has the personnel to do it. They can go twelve deep on almost any team if they need to.

Don't be ignorant.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I find my lack of faith disturbing.

11. bmd

bmd Member

I didn't post in this thread before the season, but I predicted 15-5 before the season started.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

except for that guy that predicted 6-14

13. bmd

bmd Member

It's pretty easy to predict wins and losses. It's almost all scheduling.

14. bongman

bongman Member

What would be interesting is if folks knew how much injuries we would have prior to the season start, would the predictions be the same?

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Sorry sir, but not 2 offend.

With what this team has been through so far ? Easy to predict ? So if you KNEW Dwight-Pat-Jones-Canaan and now for the kicker Papa tonight would be out for extended periods you could CALL 16-4 ? In that case, I call BS and gawd some of you amaze me with your truthiness closeness.

Anyway Go Rockets ! Pls set the Suns 2 night !

16. kemah

kemah Member

My 19-1 prediction was based on a healthy roster.

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Cool story bro

1 person likes this.
  18. bmd

bmd Member

No that's not what I meant at all.

I'm saying predicting wins and losses in the NBA isn't too difficult because a lot of it is scheduling. For example... last year the Rockets split most back to backs. So to predict what they'll do his year, predict that they'll beat the easy team and lose to the tougher team.

If they play two tough back to back games, they'll probably lose both.

Two easy back to backs and they might win both, or they might split. Your call.

You also look at the other teams that the Rockets are playing and see if they are playing the Rockets on a back to back.

Etc.

I predicted 15-5 assuming everybody was healthy. I wouldn't have predicted that if I knew going in they'd have all of those injuries.

I was just speaking in general.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I didnt post in this thread, but i predicted either 15-5 or 16-4, with only chance of losses to GSW, LAL, Memphis, LAX. Wasn't sure about the PHX game before the season, had it pencilled in as either a win or a loss. Will let you know exactly what i thought in a few hours.

I have also predicted the next 20 games, should also be quite accurate. Will let you know how I went in 5-6 weeks.

1 person likes this.
  20. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Not at all, but that speaks volumes about our guys stepping up.