1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] Copa América 2015

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Nov 24, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Copa América fixtures are set for 2015:

[​IMG]

:cool:

Games will be televised on beIN sports in the U.S.

Chile, Brasil and Argentina were seeds, so they knew their game times:

2. SwoLy-D

3. SexyButIgnorant

Fairly confident that my Chileans can make it out of the group stage. If Mexico brings a decent squad (although they never do), they'll be our toughest opponent. Ecuador can also be troublesome, but we have a much better squad. And I pretty sure we'll beat Bolivia, even though we tied with them like a month ago. But we were using an experimental team.

It's a long-shot, but with Alexis, Vidal, Bravo and co., I'm hoping Chile can finally win a freaking tournament on home soil. Vamos Chile!

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That's bull*****., Since Mexico has been attending (1993) they've outperformed Chile. Mexico's first ever participation in 1993 they made the final and lost 2-1 to the Argies. Since 1993 they made another final against Columbia, who was on home soil, but lost again for another 2nd place. Mexico has also had three 3rd place finishes. In fact since being invited they have 8 appearances and have made the semis 5 times. Much better results than Chile since 1993. So Mexico with the weak squads they send have outperformed Chile? Makes it look even worse for your Chileans huh...

Just to clarify, last Copa a u22 team was sent because of that lying, cheating, fbi rat, fat ***** Chuck Blazer. He and his CONCACAF weasels forced the Mexican FA to send a youth squad.

#4 ipaman, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  5. SwoLy-D

Yeah, I 'memmer that, but remind me what role Blazer played... please. I forgot.

We won none a game. :(

6. ipaman

He was CONCACAF General Secretary and a member of the FIFA Executive Committee at the time. He along with, the other corrupt thief, Jack Warner (CONCACAF President) convinced CONCACAF board to block the FMF from using full NT. Of course it didn't help that the FMF was run by gutless POS like Decio. I remember this quote from Decio de Maria, "Si tu papá decide que no vas a salir, no sales, por más que quieras salir." - Decio

At the time they sold it as protecting the integrity of CONCACAF but since both have been accused/convicted of massive fraud we all know now the real reason. If Mexico had left CONCACAF, they would not have been able to finance their corrupt luxurious lifestyles.

tldr; The same reason CONMEBOL invites Mexico is the same reason CONCACAF doesn't want/like them participating. MONEY!!! 'cause they know Mexico and fans bring it!!!

7. SexyButIgnorant

I don't know what the over-reaction is for, it's a known fact that Mexico hardly ever brings their actual squad, they almost always bring the B-squad. Even the Mexican media recognizes it. No need to turn it into a dick-measuring contest, Chile has gone to the finals like 5 times and lost each time, no one is hiding that.

Take a chill-pill man, no one is insulting Mexico's B squad.

8. ipaman

this statement is just flat out not true. do you honestly believe Mexico's B squad has made 2 finals and 3 semi-finals from only 8 appearances!?!? Mexico B squad be damn good then, better than all SA A squads who are not named Brazil and Argentina. No way man LOL!!!

9. Beavis Stiffler

Counting down less than 48 hours away.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Is it only beIN or will Univision/Telemundo also be televising it?

11. SwoLy-D

[​IMG]

:cool: Dude. It's on my first post.

12. ferrari77

I am being serious.
    Your post doesn't say "only on beIN" or say whether other Spanish speaking networks will show it, that's why I asked. (Or am I mistaken?)

And don't call me Shirley!:cool:

13. SwoLy-D

Man, go look it up in their websites or even WikiPedia. Have you seen Univision or Telemundo advertising it? Please tell me you watch those channels.

beIN has both SPANISH and ENGLISH broadcasts of all the games, man. It was there all along. Games will be televised on beIN sports in the U.S. :cool: That's all you needed to know and that's ALL the TELEVISED and GAMES and U.S. info you have.

14. ferrari77

Nah I haven't regularly watched either. Only thing I watch on either one is "Contacto Deportivo". I haven't paid attention to advertisements for the tournament so I guess that's on me.

Yeah I know beIN has spanish broadcasts, I was just hoping one of the two mainstream Spanish speaking networks also got the rights to the tournament. Darn it.

15. SwoLy-D

^ LOLs @ "mainstream"... maybe for you. :grin: - are you even surprised?

I am glad I can ALWAYS see all games of the Cup and Copa America and all the Latin American Countries' games in Spanish. ALWAYS.

U.S. non-cable networks will NEVER show all games to a tournament. This is another reason why peeps don't get into it here.

The day when ABC13 (I am not saying ESPN, mind you) shows all the games, you will see the popularity of the #1 sport in the world rise here, too.

:)

16. SwoLy-D

TONIGHT! 6:30 Host Chile's first game vs. Ecuador! :grin:

All info, including schedules: http://www.en.copaamerica.beinsports.tv/ .

Also, the WikiPedia page gets updated quickly and accurately.

CLAIM YOUR TEAM!

#16 SwoLy-D, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  17. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

Wait so why does Mexico play in the Copa America but not America? I mean hell, Turkey and Kazakhastan play in the Euro cup.

18. Beavis Stiffler

USA will play next year's Copa America for the tournament's 100th anniversary.

19. SwoLy-D

Yeah, there's more "money" involved in it this time. Hey, it's not just FIFA that is corrupt! :eek:
    America is "The United States of America" to everyone BUT the United States of America... and 'Murica to rednecks. :p

They don't get invited because no one likes them down south. Mainly they've turned it down because they don't want to lose constantly to South American better teams, but it's always played when the MLS is going on so they use that as an excuse to refuse going. ;)

20. Beavis Stiffler

There's also the CONCACAF Gold Cup that the Americans always participate as their top priority.