1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Browns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday at Noon on CBS. Announcers: Andrew Catalonia, Steve Tasker, Steve Beurlein.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Who would have thought the Browns would be in first place for this match-up...

3. Raven

Raven Member

Texans need to win. Mallet and Clowney need to step up. At 5-5, at least you still have a prayer (please don't laugh), but 4-6 is the abyss, a point where your favorite Texans' thread becomes the one discussing the 2015 draft. The Texans just seriously need to win this ####ing game. Period.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

At least it's not Josh Gordon's return game. I want a win, but I don't a first half landslide that ushers in the Manziel era.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll be there, freezing my nuts off, in the cheap seats.

Its supposed to be cold with possible snow. Not a great time for Mallett's first start, but we shall see. Expected to get a few inches of snow between now and Sunday. Right now, high of 43, with a 50% chance of rain/snow.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Hmmmm.... Seems like a good week to start Cleveland or Houston's defense for fantasy. Thanks for the info.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Both teams hardly throw so I see a ton of runs. Vegas over/under is 42. Got to go under with the bad weather.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't know about this one. But it should be fun to watch to see Ryan Mallet's first start.

9. conquistador#11

texans win 11 t0 3
    let's stop their wishy washy running attack.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hope BOB opens the offense up for Mallet, since he's supposed to have it mastered. Let's see what the guy actually has instead of just having him be a game manager throwing dump-offs all game long.

Get AJ the ball so he'll quit moping around so much... :rolleyes:

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Throw it downfield and take some gambles. Could open it up more for Foster (if he plays)

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I don't see OB really opening things up for a guy making his first NFL start. Especially against a team that doesn't put up a ton of points. More likely to keep it conservative, keep the Texans in the game, and try to avoid turnovers (Cleveland is #2 in INTs). At least for the first half.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I agree this will probably be the approach BOB will take, but I don't agree with it. Mallet is a 4 year vet, not a rookie. I know he hasn't played much, but he's been in the league for 4 years and I think that gives him a major advantage over some rookie who was playing in college a year ago.

I'm not saying throw long bombs on every play, but I want to see more than just WR screens and dump-offs the whole game. We tried that approach with Fitz and it got us nothing but 4 moral victories in the last 5 games.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Clowney sits because it's too cold, not good for his joints.

1 person likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would go full air raid to start, chase them out of the box, and then a big dose of Foster. OBrien won't do it, but he should.

16. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

We have been saying we need a win (so have the players and OB) for the last few games. Not getting my hopes up, not penciling in the win.

Go Texans! ! I hope theres something left in that tank of yours.

17. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

first post i see from u in a while.. have u been on Sabbatical??

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm not by any means suggestng it's a marquee match-up worthy of Nantz/Simms - but, really? These guys? Over Harlan/Gannon? That's cold, CBS.... cold....

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its only a 3 point spread, thus nobody really believes in the Browns... which basically makes this a matchup between two non playoff teams, hence they get the F team.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Harlan/Gannon are working Vikings/Bears - that's a better match-up?