1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donatas, Nov 20, 2013.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Well said.

2. FeaR

FeaR Member

D-Mo can't establish position in the post. Against Lakers i remember one play which tried to seal his man, had position and opposing player stole the ball easily. If he can't shoot and can't fight down low then what can he do ?

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

But 29 other teams rather pick up DMo over Adrien of waivers. You can argue, but Rockets won't trade him for second rounder, nor for late 1st

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

sounds like you're the one who doesn't really understand. you make excuses like he doesn't get PT cause he's not an NBA vet lol, so what is Tjones then. Also its funny to see Dmo's +/- being a -10 last night while even Tarik Black had a plus rating. when Dmo was in the game at backup center it was terrible. he can't even hold boozer. if you can't contribute consistently you're not going to get minutes. all these excuses for Dmo are horrible especially blaming it on KM lol.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

shoot more 3's (gulp :eek: )

to me the worst thing is he still can't even make his FT's. wtf does he do in offseason/practice?

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm talking about his game, not his weight.

7. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

pffft... no one outside of harden can make FT's. With as many freebees that this team gets, even a moderate improvement would make them so much tougher to beat. Is there a shortage on decent FT coaches? :rolleyes:

Regarding DMo, I'm starting to believe that he's never going to come close to his potential as long as Milk Hair is the coach. Instead of playing to his strengths and putting him in a position to excel, I see them trying to force DMo into a role he's not suited for or comfortable in and just telling him to "play harder".

1 person likes this.
  8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Some of you are so sure about about your scouting abilities that you brush off actual performance. When he plays poorly it's always someone else's fault. Can't hit jumpers? We should be using him the post. Struggling even in the post and around the rim? We should give him more shots and playing time to work out the kinks. Damn you, McHale!

If you can't handle a little, you can't handle a lot. DMo can't find his niche in even the tiniest role at the moment. Why should we reward him over someone who is contributing? Look at someone like Carl Landry. He wasn't a particularly good defender and was a very short PF, but he did a lot in the tiny amount of playing time he got early on. Beverly did the same in his early days with us. If DMo can't find his role here, when the competition is TJones and Black, then he won't earn it anywhere else either.

1 person likes this.
  9. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

He will on a bad team. I expect us to trade him this season.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

but the other players still add value on the court in other areas. i'm saying dmo looks like he has 2 left feet out there. and the least he can do to make up for that is make FT's like you would expect from a real life euro :grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Did you feel that way about all the young players we've traded away over the past few years or just DMo? Maybe you think Lin will find his groove again as a Laker. Did you also have high hopes for TWill and Thabeet? To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have Thabeet on this team than the recent version of DMo. But hey, keep pushing that potential.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sadly, i had the same exact thought earlier this week. no idea what the rockets brass sees in dmo...

13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Hard to argue with that!

What frustrates me is that he clearly has talent and, from everything I have read, he's a hard worker... he just hasn't been able to take that talent and hard work and turn it into production in the NBA.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The problem is he is too lightweight. Gets tossed around. He has the same issue Jordan Hill had. Look at Black, dude is beasting because of his strength with little skill. It drives me nuts when people suggest him as a center. No doubt he practices alot but you have to hit the weight room too

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think DMo is the PF version of Jeremy Lin. He has the talent. He has the tools. He even has the skills and good work ethics. But he is wildly inconsistent with serious confidence issues. He moves too fast for himself and often results in frantic mistakes or those trademark "what should I do now" moments on the floor.

1 person likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Great post ! I agree 100% . I think the only way we know what we will have in dmo is to give him real , consistent minutes . And minutes with starters . Unfortunately we are in such a win now mode I'm not sure it will happen . He needs time to get fully acclimated to the game and get comfortable . But McHale would rather play players like black and jones who at a bare minimum will get some strong putbacks etc.... Dmo only got 6 minutes last night before garbage time . Not nearly enough .

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

DOF...

18. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

im not feeling this dude. especially his body language he doesn't even look like he is motivated enough to come off the bench

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He NO look ok.

20. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

We had a very bad stretch in the end of the 3rd were having DMo post up would have helped the team end a scoring drought. If neither Howard or harden are on the floor theirs no excuse not to feed DMo in the post.