1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well can't argue with that. It certainly feels like we should have less optimism here.

If Melo does stay in NYK it'll be a lot of fun to whup up on them 2x a year as usual at least.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

And looked how well it worked out for the Pelicans, the team that matched that bloated contract. ;)

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Definitely feels like Melo is using LAL for leverage to force a NYK S&T to CHI. We heard Melo was less than pleased with what CHI could offer, but we also know they are probably his top choice all things considered. I just don't see Phil calling his bluff as he knows the backlash to signing in LA would be pretty steep, and I just can't see him helping out Riesendorf + EC Team. That leaves Melo with Houston!

Sorry, haha, trying to keep some positivity but it's looking quite grim.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Phil Jackson is smarter.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Melo to Houston is not happening and I'm ok with that. I just want us to move quickly to plan B.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If we're out of the running, Carmelo need's to be a professional about it and notify the team, so they can move on to their next target or move.

Dwight handled his free agency situation a lot better last year.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The whole NBA world is waiting on Melo. We don't have to do anything until he lets us know we're out of it.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

How do you know he hasn't? Lol!

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I still believe there is a legit chance that we get Melo. I find this whole thing so strange.....

1. I think the media is drumming up interest to big markets (see the Howard chase last year)
    2. I find it weird how even the great Woj has jumped from NY to LA in like 12 hours. I am sure he is hearing these things but I do not believe they are coming from CA.
    3. It really doesn't matter. We are already a very stacked team. We have a pick next year that is likely to be in the 8-12 range IMO. If he truly wants to win, then he will go to Chicago or Houston. I will not be mad if he goes to Chi-town.

But dear jesus please let this end fairly soon..... Add Deng, Okafor and little Thomas from the Kings.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Leaning one way is rediculous, I think the lack of houston traction is a great thing, we have no idea who he will choose until he's chosen them anything else is click bait, woj has been off his game this free agency period reporting every little hint, it's ny or Chicago! Here comes Los Angeles but don't count out those knickerbockers quite yet!

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't care, because quite frankly this team is better off sending Parsons to Minnesota for Love. Use that MLE for PJ Tucker and lets call it a night.

12. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Yeah time to wrap this thread up.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Is love PJ as our MLE candidate! Dude is a great defender!

14. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

If Melo picks the Rockets then you put $20 under my name. If he doesn't then I will do the same for you. Deal?

15. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Pretty sure PJ Tucker is a RFA and therefore is not a realistic MLE target.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Melo signed? Lol

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Ishh just got real

18. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Sigh, hurry the eff up Melo, do you like the attention that much?

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't think anybody was expecting a decision until after the weekend...

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Better off we don't get ball stopper Melo he is already declining scored a lot.of points this year on a bad team. Plays no defense and is overweight. Defensively, his lateral quickness rivals that of only Chris Jet or Steve Novak. He is the second coming of Tracy McGrady. ..thanks New York you can keep em.