1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

if the media were saying Houston, I think you would feel differently.

Opting out at the very least, puts pressure on the front office to do something drastic to keep him. He also gets more money, right now. Lets say he doesn't opt out and he gets hurt next year. Maybe NY won't be so keen on keeping him then.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think, if it is taking this much thought, then he is really considering Houston.

The thing that bothers me is, I don't want to wait all weekend. Tell me NOW!!

3. Houston_Rockets

So a 6 game series prooves we need rebounding but previous 82 games mean nothing, got it

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This is what makes DM so great. We literally have four max type players who could be with the Rockets next season. Unbelievable amount of options

5. Fantasma Negro

Excellent point we won't have to trade our future away to get Bosh, knowing the rockets recent history of departures Parsons would become an all star in two years. And other transactions withstanding, we would get to keep that first round pick from New Orleans. Getting Bosh gives us a lot more flexibility, its the smarter choice

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Maybe he's privately meeting with Riley. Gulp.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It is a perfect fit. Bosh's mid range game really took a step to the next level last year. He is the 2nd best mid range shooting big man behind Dirk. I wouldn't be surprised if his 3pt shot took another step up this year.

8. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I have been saying this...all this time the most realistic option of Melo and Bron teaming up has been in Miami. Might be his best shot to win AND get his max money (w/o the 5th year of course).

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

NO!! We need his mid-range jumper for GARM purposes. I need a player to point to every time someone mentions how Morey hates mid-range shots and it's screwing our offense. :grin:

10. Fantasma Negro

Playing with Bosh could make Jones a better player. We don't have time to wait for Jones to get better, we've already seen that McFail can't develop young players, Jones can be a spark off the bench and get tougher by battling with Bosh and Dwight in practice

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Melo says in meeting his number one priority is winning... I see what your saying and understand it. I'm saying I would respect a player more to just be more straight up concerning his intentions. Hey maybe he is but the media may be playing the biggest part in making him out to be this contradictory type guy.

12. betterhomesbytj

didn't Doc Rocket tweet something about July 5th?

13. Houston_Rockets

As for Lin I still don´t get it.

Lets say we include Lin for Love. We will have to include a lot more assets for them to agree in a trade because of his horrendous contract. My point is Lin is not an asset, he will be included in trades or SnT because of matching salaries.

My point is if I trade right now Lin and give away 1st round picks, I am cool with it. If we trade for Love, we have to include Lin, and because of that we would have to overpay because his contract is terrible. Same thing for SnT.

I get that his contract opens up other avenues, but I prefer losing picks to terrible teams/franchises and use the cap space wisely, then trading or SnT and losing picks and players in the process.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Riley is in Chicago meeting with Deng.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Can't develop young players? Dmo, Jones, Harden, Beverly, Parsons, Hill?

16. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

I think this is a fair point. I'd be really confident in our abilities to re-sign Love but it can't be dismissed that the Lakers and Knicks could pose a threat in 2015 free agency. Those would be attractive options, especially if something is off with the chemistry in HOU with Love/Harden/Howard (always a possibility).

Right now I would prefer adding Bosh to trading for Love and losing Parsons. Though if we can trade for Love (while keeping Parsons, and obviously Harden) that would be my preference over Bosh - even given your consideration.

17. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Riley and Melo were both in LA late this week before Riley went to Chicago.

18. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

I believe Miami wants Bosh to sign elsewhere so that they can sign Melo.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Melo already said he wants big money. He'll make even than what he'd make in Chicago if he goes to Miami.

20. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He doesn't hate mid range jumpers, he hates inefficient shots. If a player's specialty is the mid-range jumper then it's not an inefficient shot for that player.