1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree. Love is the better player and I would be happy to give up the assets to get him. But only if he signs extension, not giving up all that just for a rental.

2. solodolo

solodolo Member

I want bosh , miami made him a jump shooter

Hes clutch

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

BOOM!!! LOL

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

There is one thing that I think most people are kind of assuming, which I don't think should be overlooked. Which is that regardless what we think of our team, it's not impossible for Love to leave after next season. Love is going to test the market. NY will have capspace. LA should have capspace. Many other teams would have cap spaceI won't put re-signing Love at 100%. Heck, maybe not even 80% depending on what his agent tells us.

I would take Bosh over Love at this moment because at least he's locked for 4 years. I still think Bosh is unlikely though, because he will wait on LeBron, who of course doesn't whatever the hell he wants. I won't wait for Bosh, but if he commits IMO he has to be the new Plan A.

5. Fantasma Negro

20.7 million. So that would be a four year 87 million. He's not worth it. 13-14 maybe at most 15 makes sense but he's a two time champion and he's a perfect fit. it ain't my money so take it away Les

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I think it's better to wait for Carmelo, Lebron, or Love if we can get one of them. If not, then we can turn to the plan to get Bosh.

7. MFG16

MFG16 Member

This and your first post I replied to are all right (and gave you credit both times). I was implying that if Morey pulled the trigger on one of those trades before an official announcement it would mean he has knowledge on a Melo decision. If Morey wanted to clear cap he would have dealt Lin a very long time ago. Lin doesn't go unless Morey is getting a max type player back guaranteed. If Morey has Lin deals lined up he could very well have love deals lined up too.

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If we 'settle' for Bosh, I still think it will be a major win for Houston. He is the absolute best fit for this team.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Bosh's contract could be a real anchor in a couple of years. It would definitely be a win now type of move.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think it's always the other way around. At least it was that way last year. First Dwight committed, then we sent out White. It would make sense this way as the Rockets are always much more secretive about everything than most teams. You don't thing like the infamous Stoudamire trade to happen.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

A Love trade will kill all our assets, bench depth and lineups. A Love trade will almost certainly involve moving Parsons, Jones and/or Dmo, Pelican pick along with Jeremy Lin in another deal. At least with Bosh you can more or less keep everyone else.

Would you rather have:
    Beverley
    Harden
    Whatever FA SF we can get or get back from Minny
    Love
    Howard
    Bench filler (Casspi, Canaan, Covington, Daniels, Johnson)

Or

Beverley
    Harden
    Parsons
    Bosh
    Howard
    Bench:
    Jones
    Johnson
    Daniels
    Vet. Min players

I think the choice is simple. Bosh scenario is ideal.

12. Houston_Rockets

Why hasn´t Lin been traded yet? Let´s imagine Melo/Bosh commit to us, woudn´t teams low ball Morey knowing we will have to dump Lin to make room for the Max? We will trade Lin regardless the sooner the better no?

I find it funny how people say Bosh is not worth the max, then they say Love should be our target. Bosh > Love, and the fact that we would need to trade away good players for Love makes this situation a no brainer.

A player is not worth what he played in his last couple of games, he is a product of a significant amount of games playing at a high level, not making excuses when they fail.

13. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

This. Why would Bosh and Wade go separate ways? Aren't they represented by the same agent?

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think I would rather have gasol than bosh. Gasol is a better post up and bosh is soft as baby ****.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The obvious tactic would be to trade Lin before conformation of Houston signing a max player leaks.

Of course, pulling the trigger on a Lin deal sorta sends that message on its own.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

1. Lin could cost us assets to deal him. No reason to give up assets to get rid of Lin if we have no guarantee that we can make proper use of the cap space.

2. The possibility of including Lin in a sign and trade or a regular trade offers different avenues the Rockets can pursue to act as a team above the cap. There are advantages to being a capped out team that might come into play.

17. MFG16

MFG16 Member

This is exactly what I am saying. Morey gets a commit and then moves Lin. I think we're going back and forth on a topic we agree on.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They don't call him Pau Gasoft for no reason.

19. Fantasma Negro

Love is the better player but not by much, fit is important, Bosh plays defense, Love doesn't. Love may not know how to operate not being the first option, Bosh has proven he can be a viable third option and take over games on nights when he has a favorable matchup. Bosh is a two time nba champion and Love has shown he has potential. I'd be a happy rockets fan with either guy

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

One thing I love about Love is his rebounding. Something we desperately need that Bosh doesn't do all that well anymore.