1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Has anyone put together a financial comparison between Houston and Chicago to see what melo can actually get paid? Assuming each team moves contracts reasonably, what is the max money that each team can pay including considerations for state income tax.

Aside from who melo plays with it'd be worthwhile to know what melo is looking at from a bottomline payment point of view.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

See my edit. Broussard did not drop Miami until July 8th. He is not reliable.

Skip Bayless did say that following the decision Broussard "sold his journalistic soul" to get close to Lebron.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

This is my personal ranking system:

Woj
    Amick
    SAS
    Everyone else

4. ThaShark316_28

Even though I have no issue with Broussard, I'm sure he did just that, pretty much.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Mine is very similar

Woj
    Amick
    SAS
    Everyone else
    Broussard

6. ThaShark316_28

Woj, Amick, SAS, Stein, Spears are all good. Stein just kind of goes into Dallas mode at times, and folks don't really care for him.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd actually say Woj and Amick are pretty much even when you are discussing breaking news. On opinion pieces, Woj is pretty much worthless.

Stephen A Smith is actually not that good on free agent information. Not because he doesn't get information, but because he doesn't really break a lot of news. He works on having a good relationship with players so he probably keeps all that under wraps.

Stein is definitely below the Big 2 but is probably ahead of a lot of the "everyone else."

Broussard is worthless to me.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Disagree with putting Woj and Amick on the same level.

A year or two ago, Woj made a draft night mistake on a pick/trade. Everyone that followed his initial tweet, including Amick, made the same mistake.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

People actually think Broussard is a reliable source? He literally makes things up. Remember when he said he was texting with Dwight and claimed Dwight said he went on the plane to work out a contract discussion with LA after Dwight said he would sign with Houston? Remember that drama?

10. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

11. FeaR

FeaR Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yahoo Sources: Chicago's pursuing a trade for Orlando's Arron Afflalo, who is very available. <a href="http://t.co/dt3njiv1yS">http://t.co/dt3njiv1yS</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/480357448247955456">June 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

No way Chicago screws up their plan to get a max guy. Afflalo must not affect it.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

hopefully this deters the bulls interest in melo...

14. micah1j

micah1j Member

I'm having trouble seeing how Chicago can get both Affalo and Melo. Someone help me out.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Woj has been shut out on the big news for the last season or two.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

Maybe they will make Butler available for a Love trade ?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, I'd be happy to add Afflalo to the Rockets. The guy is coming off a career year offensively, while being asked to do more than reasonable on a lousy team. Better as a complimentary player to more talented stars (we have a couple of those), than as the first offensive option, the cat would be an awesome addition that could help cut down the minutes of our current perimeter players, particularly Harden, and possibly Parsons, both of whom played too many minutes during the season. It caught up with them during the playoff series with Portland, in my opinion. An unlikely "get," but one I'd like to see in a Rocket uniform.

So the Bulls supposedly think they can snag him? Don't know what I think about that, not if they managed to grab Melo.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

would be a solid pick up for the bulls, they must are going to trade butler to another team if this happens. Affallo brings more offense and same defense that butler plays with thibbs there, and affalo has one more year left than butler on his contract, they would have to pay him the same with less offense anyway to keep him.

gotta be proactive just incase they strike out on a big time free agent.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

AA is a Chicago want to satisfy P-Zen SnT demands; assumes Jax is giving insight into what an SnT would look like.

Truth, if not fact.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

False. He always breaks news. He may not break ALL the news, but he has the scoop on the vast majority of things.