1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Houston be Lebron's top preference in FA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jun 15, 2014.

?

Can Houston become Lebron's top preference in FA?

1. Yes

238 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. No

251 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a reason for that. We'd have a good shot at Al-Farouq Aminu as well.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Jim Carrey is an improvement at the point guard spot, it wouldn't hurt!

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

He[s already scrutinized big time by loads of people. Lots of idiots still think Kobe is better then him still.

Cavs are just a fairy tale story people want but not likely. Will he actually waste more of his prime waiting on a team to develop? Everyone also didn't think Dwight would hop to a third team, but he did to win. Lebron will always get hate wherever he goes

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, how many people said that there was no way Dwight would leave LA even though it was the obvious move?

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

LeBron wants to be a billionaire who becomes a historical figure in sports. So for him legacy is as important as anything else. That's why we gotta sell him on the one thing Rockets do have an advantage over other teams.

[​IMG]
    Yao needs to come help make the sales pitch!

6. Rockness

Rockness Member

Here we go...just 2 questions:
    1) Why would he leave, knowing that he has reached the finals ever since the big three and go through another big time media meltdown if he leaves again (to join two other stars to win a throphy)??
    2) Are most people hypocrites or not?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1) Because he wants to win more championships in the next few years.

2) Everyone is a hypocrite at some point.

8. jose

jose Member

This. why would he leave a free ride to the finals every year? I see him going back to the Cavs to play with Kyrie as his #2, Dion as his #3 and the #1 overall pick or Kevin Love added onto that. Solid role players too like Hawes(though needs to be re-signed), Tristan Thompson, Varejao, etc. are on that team.

9. DocRock

DocRock Member

If your "best friend" is/was the reigning best SG in the game, do you really ditch him to team up with the new guy being crowned as his replacement? I don't think Lebron is that much of a mercenary.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He SHOULD consider us. Will he is the question.

If I were him I'd consider ALL options before making my choice.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess the question is if he wants to hold hands with his best friend Wade or if he wants to win championships. If he goes the holding hands route, you can bet the media is going to crucify him for "only" winning 2 championships.

12. RocketRed4life

Guys...drake, harden and lbj are friends. They see houston exploding in growth and want to be a part of it. Lbj is coming to h- town!! Once here, lbj has the potential to win championships for the rest of his career. 5-6 yrs from now Harden will be the undisputed leader but until then can develop under lbj. Howard will just continue to be a beast. And drake, will be draking...and take over China.

The stars are aligning

* Its happening*!!

13. conquistador#11

staying in the east should count as having one true superstar on the roster. it makes everything much easier being in the east. we can't even guarantee him getting out of the first round.

never hurts to send him a valentine's card though. you never know.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

A team with LeBron Harden and Dwight would definitely get out of the first round, the West isn't that good. The only teams that would even begin to give that team any trouble would be the Thunder and Spurs and even then I don't think it would be that close.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know or really put much thought into it. The scenario I keep replaying in my head is... if he does to chose to leave, what destination makes more sense than Houston? Like Lebron says, "why not us?"

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Read my post on the prior page. Why does he care about a guarantee of getting out of the first round? Unless it's a championship, everything is pretty much the same -- a loss.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Getting to the finals every year and losing to a Western Conference team is no better and in many ways is worse though. Does he want to be remembered as the guy who lost like 8 finals appearances?

18. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

What are the chances/needs to make this happen moneywise? Would dumping Asik and Lin be enough to sign LeBron? Would ppl need to take paycuts? And what team would take Asik and/or Lin knowing that they are directly helping us make an unbeatable team?