1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In Need of a Point Guard: New York Knicks Should Consider a Jeremy Lin Reunion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Linsanity, Jun 7, 2014.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

What would we get in return? Felton or JR? No thanks.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why is Jeremy Lin is the only option for the Knicks?

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

:grin:

It take a stupid fan to root for Lin for sure

5. tinman

Supporting Member

the knicks didn't want him with that 15 million back then, now they really wouldn't want him for that much

Phil Jackson doesn't require an expensive point guard (or overpaid ). His teams have had Ron Harper, BJ Armstrong, and Derek Fisher as their point guards

Lin wouldn't work well in the triangle anyways

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Why should Phil be interested in a back up PG?

The knicks already have Felton

7. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Because Lin is a much better ball handler and point guard in general than PB... but PBs job is to give the ball to Harden, stand in the corner and wait, and bring D to make up for Hardens lack of D.
    PB is equivalent to a poor mans Tony Allen, JL is like a young Jason Kidd, so those are your key differences. I agree though that the Rockets dont need Lin, especially if you got a team of iso players and 3 point shooters.

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

He is absolutely nothing like a young Kidd. ZERO. NADA. ZILCH.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lol, the point guards job in the triangle is literally to stand in the corner, that's their part of the triangle.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What he said.

One thing we know, actual money spent means nothing to the Knicks. If the salary cap was $200 million they would spend it. Expiring Lin and Asik seems to solve a lot of problems for them for 2015. I think they would resign Asik.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If you're going to live in a fantasy land why not aim a bit higher? Why not say Lin is like Steve Nash? Maybe Chris Paul? Maybe even mad max?

12. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Are you kidding me? Lin is like Jordan but just a few inches shorter.

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Bad move for the Knicks. They shouldn't overpay such a polarising character, but since I don't like the Knicks...go for it. Lin deserves better, Lin fans on the other hand lol.

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You don't watch Basketball at all, do you son?

First of all, Beverly isn't a poor man's Tony Allen. Allen in his prime was a better defender, but he has NOTHING on offense. They are NOT the same player by any stretch and if you watch Basketball you wouldn't make that comparison.

Lin is NOT a better ball handler than Lin. Lin ****s himself almost every time a player picks him up at half court and plays aggressivly. Everyone knows Lin has weak handles under pressure.

Beverly's job is not to just give Harden the ball. That is an overexageration by someone who is not just blinded by Lin bias, but a person who doesn't understand the game at all.

His job is to run the offense. He has the role of keeping the tempo up and his job isn't just to give Harden the ball. People like you think the point guard's role is to be the creator, get the assists. That is NOT the point guards role. Beverly's role is to get into the offense. So if he sees the right play is a post up for Howard, he will get us into a set to get him the ball. If the Howard/Harden pnr is the set, then his job is to get Harden the ball in position to run the play.

A great point guard understand his own skillset and the skills of his teammates. Beverly knows he is not the best play maker on the team, and that Harden is.

Saying that Lin is a young Jason Kidd once again proves my point...you don't know JACK **** about Basketball.

First of all Kidd was a 1st round pick and Lin had to get into the league through the D-League. Kidd's first 3 seasons he averaged something like 12 points and 9 assists and a couple of steals per game. He also had a really low turnover rate considering how much he handled the ball.

Seriously son, just stop posting. Lin won't be here next here and you can just prepare to pollute the fanbase of another team. You can concentrate on finding new ways to make people who like and respect Lin, end up hating him with a passion.

Oh, I just saw you said having Lin is like having Dragic or Lowry. Son, you obviously didn't follow the Rockets when those guys played for us or paid attention to anything they did this season.

Dragic has so much more skill than Lin and Lowry was a damn bulldog with the heart of a lion. Lin can have good games, but I swear those two guys took turns carrying this team in games and stretches of games. Stop insulting players like that.

1 person likes this.
  15. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

LOL @ people thinking Lin will be a great fit with Phil's triangle. Phil would look for pgs that can defend and stretch to floor. Lin is not an ideal fit for triangle, as physically Lin does not have the wingspan to be a great defender.

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

He's not at all. The Knicks are in a pretty terrible situation right now. They have a bad team, they don't have cap space and they don't have draft picks. Their first priority seems to be to try to keep Carmelo. If he says that he is leaving anyway, then it would be in their best interest to try to do a sign and trade for Carmelo to a team that could provide some draft picks to them, and some cap relief. I'm sure that they would also try to dump Felton's contract on the other team as well.

There are other options for other PG's that would be cheaper and better than Lin. I'm not saying that he is the only option or even the best option for the Knicks. But if they were able to convince us to take Felton's dead salary as part of the Carmelo S&T, were able to get one or two draft picks, and get two contracts (Lin and Asik) that would expire at the same time as Stoudemire's, Bargnani's and Chandler's- IMHO that would be a good move for them to allow them to completely start over after one year. And although I don't really like Carmelo's fit for our team personally, if Morey is convinced that he wanted a third star, that would be one way that he could trade away most of the salary necessary to get that star that he covets.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Lol at people thinking shumpert/haradway will handle the 2 spot Kobe/mj role in that system if they had a better playmaker like Lin on their team.

But honestly as a Lin supporter, I would rather him not go back to NY, because even if he plays solid & puts up better numbers than he did in Houston it will look like he could only do it in NY, which I wouldn't agree with, we've saw him do it on plenty nights here in Houston mainly when harden was out.

I would rather him go to another team rather NY to help rockets with cap space & to get a change of scenery just how Lowry did in Toronto, brooks did in Denver, dragic did with the suns...

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

If we pulled off a Lin for melo straight swap, id kiss a cows butt. And inline glenrice, id deliver.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

How does that even work contractwise? Lin only counts $8 mil. That means we can only take back 150% that in trade or $12 mil. There is no way Melo signs for that little, that's Chandler Parsons money right there. I could be wrong.

20. SirKen

SirKen Member

You mean he shouldn't go to where D'Antoni is? Knicks back then and Knicks right now are two different teams, in my opinion.