1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Longhorns Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Wowwwwwww!

What an incredible turnaround for Barnes. The guy who was criticized heavily for losing so many players last season and not being able to recruit locally had a great resurgence of a season which led to getting the #1 player in Texas.

Next year is going to be a HUGE year for the Rockets (probably with a third all-star) and UT. Great time to be a fan of both.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

Congrats to UT. This kid is a big time prospect.

3. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Great get. Hopefully Barnes figures out how to use him effectively on offense.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

He would've been a better fit at SMU. Oh well, congrats Longhorns!

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

great pickup.

him and Ridley should be highly formidable defensively

6. Buck Turgidson

They're moving Holmes to SF; he and Ridley and Turner may be the best frontline in the country.

7. Major

Major Member

Taylor and Martez Walker (if his late season shooting improvement was real) is an awesome backcourt too. Felix will go to the bench, I assume.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

He won't, but we can still hope that Turner is able to figure it out on his own.

Big congrats and hats off to John Lucas for recruiting him.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Could be good times again like the KD days. This guy is a BEAST. He has it all on offense. Inside, outside, post game, athleticism. I can't wait to watch him. Even if the Horns don't win anything with him, it's much better than the last 2-3 years of watching Horns basketball.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NoX6y2PJeq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Even if Turner never reaches the levels of KD/Aldridge awesomeness, what an absolutely huge pickup! Stark, stark contrast to where the program was a year ago. Kudos to Barnes for finding the issues in his program and remedying them as well as possible. I remember last offseason, the buzz within the program was that Barnes finally had a roster of guys who had bought in. At the time, I just wrote that off as typical offseason optimism, but it proved to be true.

11. Buck Turgidson

Yep, they've got to find somebody who can hit a jumpshot. If I was Felix, Walker and Taylor I'd be shooting about 3000 3's a day this offseason.