1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Johnny Manziel Studying Tom Brady Film With Former Patriots Quarterback

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Pokemon, Feb 14, 2014.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

Manziel seems to have really matured. I think partnering up with LeBron's people was smart. We saw the change in LeBron from Cleveland to Miami and Manziel is following those footsteps.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Where ever Johnny ends up I think he's going to be successful. I see that "Tebow Effect" about to happen again... Difference is Johnny can throw. Especially if he ends up on a team with some receivers.

3. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

I applaud Johnny, but best believe BOB is going to throw curveballs at him to ensure he doesn't hear regurgitated babble

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Hard not to root for the kid.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can't say his weakness is his work ethic.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is doing all the right things to get to Houston. If he impresses BOB enough, I don't think McNair would have an issue with him going number one overall.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He's doing all the right things. Too bad he can't go back and change the game tape though.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True. What he lacks is talent and decision making skills

9. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

I have to be honest with, even though I love Manziels work ethic and his film review sessions.

He really should be looking over his own film from school. He needs to be able tell BOB every coverage and responsibility of the defenders on every snap he had. He will also have to be able to spit out the offensive responsibilities as well.

BOB won't even consider anyone who doesn't have complete grasp of their own offense and the defenses they faced

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Everyone has bad game tape.

I have always been in the Bridgewater camp if I had to choose a guy, but Johnny Football has a higher ceiling. It makes things difficult for me.

I would be happy with Teddy, Johnny, or Clowney. I think either of these guys will be game changers. I think Teddy is the most sure thing out of the three, but has the least AWE factor about him and I think that hurts him in some scouts eyes.

I really think Teddy at the least will be a good QB like Schaub has been for most of his career. Manziel has the ability to be Brett Farve all over again, and that isn't a bad thing.

11. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Several things...

The ceiling argument is a face created by NFL execs. Unless a player has a noodle for an arm, their ceiling is all mental. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning all have low ceilings if you take that route.

About Brett Favre...

1. He is one of the best west coast offense qbs ever, his timing and anticipation were incredible, is arm supplemented that/

2. He had a CANNON for an arm, that allowed him to beat dbs with his even with a late throw. You won't see that in Johnny. He is no where near, nor will never be near Brett Favre

A las, I like Johnny and I like what I see to a certain degree, lets slow down first though

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the Johnny Manziel stuff that has appeared in the last 24 hrs... is this all stuff that has genuinely appeared in the last 24 hours? Or is this Manziel fans trying to run a charm offensive?

Because if his team is behind it instead of some fans here just collating stuff, it is pretty ham - handed to dump all of this out there all at once. It makes it very much look like a PR campaign, instead of something organic. I have developed the distinct impression that I'm being sold to.

13. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Bingo

John McClain is involved too lol

That outta tell people everything

14. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

People must have never seen Brett Favre play to compare Johnny to him SMH

1 person likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

JFF has been training out there for weeks. This is the first interview he's done there.

16. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

So this is all from just one interview with a single reporter?

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank god you started a new thread for this revelation. Clearly the other ones dedicated to him were not enough

18. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

Yes. John McClain flew to San Diego to watch him train and interview him.

19. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Ok, then, I guess in this case it is on the news outlets and the fans for echoing the one story ad infinitum, and not Manziel and his camp.