1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Longhorns Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. duwende

duwende Member

Lol. Must be freshman complaining about not getting in. Everyone has a chance to get LASP but it really doesn't guarantee a ticket. Back when I was there Texas was a top 15 team, and we would sit out in front of the Erwin Center for 4-5 hours before tipoff to get a seat in the student section. I remember going to Frank Erwin at 7am for a noon tipoff.

Bottom line: It's on you bro. Step your game up.

Come early.
    Be Loud.
    Stay Late.

1 person likes this.
  2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

LASP doesn't guarantee you a basketball ticket. It's not like football where there are probably 30 or more thousand student seats available. The Erwin Center holds 16,000. There are over 50,000 students at the University of Texas at Austin. Your $80 LASP pass is for the ENTIRE YEAR. Meaning you're paying $2.96 a game for 27 games (20 basketball + 7 football). Meanwhile, the lowest ticket I found on stubhub for a Texas basketball game was $8 for the ****tiest seat available. The average was more like $35, and that always creeps up when teams are good.

When I was a student, we camped outside for hours before games. Not sure what year you are, maybe you're not used to us having a good team, but when we are good, be prepared to sit a mass "line" and skip a class or two.

1 person likes this.
  3. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Lol these kids at UT want to complain because they want to jump on the bandwagon. I guarantee half of them couldn't name more than 2 people on the team at the start of the season. And if they seriously don't know how LASP work they're pretty dumb. Basketball you have to lineup for it, I lined up 2-3 hours early for the Kansas game, stop your crying.

1 person likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol, that guy will probably ignore all of you for calling him out on being an idiot, just like he did to me.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

You were ignored for being rude, not for being correct. I admit that I didn't know what I was talking about. I just repeated what many people have told me (and who were incorrect). Now I know.

6. Hustle Town

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

if all you had was the LASP and you did NOT have an actual hard ticket to the game and you showed up only 2.5 hours before a big game like kansas and you're upset, it's your own fault. you have no one to blame but yourself.

i camped out overnight in 2006 to go to the villanova game (randy foye, kyle lowry, mike nardi, allan ray) and they were ranked higher than kansas at the time.

1 person likes this.
  8. Hustle Town

:confused::confused::confused: I got in the game...

1 person likes this.
  9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I think this thread is being derailed from how awesome UT Basketball again (hopping on the bandwagon now.... yes I'm a band wagoner when it comes to UT basketball)

10. DwightHoward13

I will keep this going as well. Where do you think we will be ranked in the polls coming out tomorrow? I am guessing between 15-18.

11. wizkid83

i say 15 is high, probably 17

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

This is the best chemistry I have seen since the team that made the final four. I still hate Carmelo Anthony for killing the Big 12 in the final four. Royal Ivey, James Mouton, James Thomas, and T.J Ford. All were from the same class. They have had more talented teams but that was by far the best chemistry. Love they way they are currently playing. Jonathan Holmes is a lion, the guy has got grit.

13. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

We're ranked 15th.

[​IMG]

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Up to 15 in AP poll, I actually expected us to be a little higher. We're barely behind Louisville and Saint Louis, who I would have us ahead of.

Still 15, not bad

15. Hustle Town

There's plenty of room for everyone!

16. wizkid83

I think I was just spoiled by TJ Ford and Durant era... that and getting married, buying a house, and etc. Just don't have time to following the Rockets, Longhorn Football, NFL, fantasy football and College Basketball at the same time. I call myself bandwagon because I'll only tune in during tourney time, but will not go ahead and root for another team (same with Astros).

Basically I only become invested in College Basketball and MLB when UT/Stros are doing well, but will not root for another team when they're not. Also will not support them as much when they... well just suck.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Not a big fan of Barnes but the guy has done an amazing job with this group. Might be his best coaching job to date.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

barnes has a history of doing the most with the least but this year he has done a lot with very little.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was afraid of a letdown tonight against a bad TCU team. Down 20-22 at the half. Still time but, based on recent play, this shouldn't be close.

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Another win for UT!