1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2014.

1. calcium

calcium Member

2. tzou88

tzou88 Member

bahahahah

3. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Less Harden hero ball, more pick and rolls or dump it down to Dwight

4. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

:grin:

awesome lol

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

whoever they got is going to get the steel chair to the back via Joey Crawford. And Mchale is going to be that defenseless referree that can never separate the man getting illegaly tag-teamed. Morey is paul bearer just holding the cup like a fattie

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

So does that mean millions of Jeremy Lin's fans now owe major apologies to Kevin McHale?

It's amazing (truly) that some people actually buy this.

7. RRockets

RRockets Member

Jeremy was crazy, and was everywhere

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YknWh9BvPQA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. wapz

wapz Member

Haha! hopefully he didnt get Omri too upset. (he looked like it). Lin wouldnt want to get on his bad side, esp with his (caspis) cute sis.

9. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lin figures in the win....Is Kelvin Sampson's head exploding yet?

Jeremy Lin is building a nice resume of strong performances 1 1/2 years into his second stint as a Rocket. Last year, when he and Harden started cutting up opposing defenses from December onwards, including a number of wins against playoff caliber teams, the Houston coaching staff didn't trust the results on the court. They groomed Beverley to take Lin's place. Sampson was probably the biggest supporter of Beverley or the not-Lin at PG.

This year, Lin is proving too versatile and too valuable to take off the court. McHale is even giving Lin some very public props. Beverley will probably get the starting job back, but Lin is making that a very interesting discussion in the coaching staff meetings. As I see the remainder of the January schedule, Lin could end up helping the team finish the month at 9-5, 10-4 or 11-3. Would Rockets' fans really want to mess with that type of success by re-inserting Beverley into the starting lineup? Would Dwight Howard want to return to Harden isolation basketball?

10. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Exactly. You could tell that tonight Lin was given the reigns to be point and Harden played SG. Yes, Harden didn't score as many points but the ball movement was great and they really played uptempo and it resulted in a win.

11. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I agree. And the sad part is that his inconsistency is mainly due to his inconsistent role and minutes. Because he's extremely consistent when he gets to be the PG.

I feel we could have something really special if we utilized all our players correctly.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

I'm just saying, 'tis a business move. You showcase his skills, for example his ability to run the offense, before the trade deadline and see what you could get. IF Morey still believes that the 1 is in need of an upgrade and can net someone that would definitively upgrade the position, then he'll take it. You know he has no qualms about going for superstars. I just threw that scenario out there because someone asked why Lin has been running the offense, and I offered up a scenario that could be possible. Twas a business scenario I offered, and I didn't say I supported it.

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

What are you talking about? It's an internet rumor. Printed in black and white for everyone to see. [Note: screen color may vary]

Clearly McHale is weak-minded and was easily swayed by Sampson. But now that Finch can whisper in his ear, he has a new Svengali.

No one can possibly owe an apology to such a weak-minded individual.

14. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

Great win. Glad we are getting better at getting the ball to Dwight at the spots he wants them. Lobs are much better now, still need a lot of work on dumping the ball into the post though...other than brooks everyone takes waaaay to long to get that entry pass in.

15. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Well you have to consider all the possibilities. I don't want him traded, but it's in the realm of possibilities. There's a month before the trade deadline and plenty of games in between then, and if Morey wants/desires/can upgrade the 1, and can net a player he deems capable of definitively upgrading the 1, then he'll do it. Personally, I hope Lin proves himself to be an integral part of a 'ship run and that Morey keeps him.

16. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

so many assists tonight. was wondering what team this was lol. good ball movement that lead to easy dunks/layups and wide open 3s. fast break points, howard dominating the paint, hitting enough FTs, and harden's defense!!!! just a sample of what this team can do once everything gets going.

17. Classic

Classic Member

The only thing Jeremy can do consistently is show up against inferior opponents with inferior defenses. If there's a decent opponent and he has a half way challenging matchup he's a lot more miss than hit.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Has this never been done before? The reason I ask is because it seems to me that people sometimes find it easy to jump on the first rumor they hear just because it appears to be true or line with what they are thinking. Unless you have some type of quote from Mchale or the players this is a giant leap. Consider that Jeremy has in fact played the point guard role this season, maybe Mchale is doing exactly what he said he was going to do and is trying new things? Not that I'm a Mchale apologist, I just really hate rumors, unless they are from legit sources.

19. Chris Jent MVP

McHale gave Lin his "identity" :eek:

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

Just be happy we got a road win. As far as Lin goes, the staff just prefers a low risk at the pg position over high risk/reward. Personally, I think Lin should start - but I can certainly appreciate their point of view. No conspiracies.

Hope Parson gets iced up well after the game. Played more minutes than I would have anticipated.