1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX]Olajuwon: Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin 'combination is very deadly'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eomor131, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Epik

Epik Member

Dwight said in his post-interview how he's got a stiff back and it's difficult for him to get those low bounce passes. As long as Jeremy and the rest of the team keep that in mind when playing full speed, I think we can expect good things ahead.

3rd quarter Jeremy went into assist mode and had a couple great plays. Jones had a nice lob to Dwight as well. Harden had a rough shooting night but is adding some good passing to his game.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I still have some faith in Lin but he is just so damn inconsistent.

3. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

I think you are mistaking being consistent with being constant.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Casspi had a nice one too. The more guys who get good at lobbing to Dwight, the more unstoppable we will be. Great sign.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Pretty much. You know hes gonna drop 20plus in the next game and then go into derp mode for a few games after that. Its aggravating. Even more so since he seems such like a nice kid

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lin's points were nice, but his strongest contribution tonight was maintaining the flow on offense while minimizing turnovers. Regardless of whether his shot is falling or not, Lin can ALWAYS impact the game positively by playing smart basketball and getting everyone involved.

We need Jeremy Shu-How Lin, not Linsanity

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He had an excellent game tonight. Let's hope that he's turned a corner and focus on that. See what he does the next game. Who knows... it could be the beginning of a trend!

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

good game tonight but his consistency is whats most suspect.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

Some people are so dumb to complain Lin's consistency.

Lin is the 3rd or 4th scoring option.
    He can't be consistent if McHale doesn't play in a way Lin feels comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I agree.

Morey should trade everyone away and only bring in players that suit Lin's need.

The team should be built around Lin, and the Rockets should change their name to Linners. They should even move to Taiwan as homage to Lin's heritage and change their team name fully to Taiwan Linners. Every Taiwan Linner jersey should have in front of their jersey "Pass to Lord Lin", and every fan entering the stadium needs to pass the mandatory Lin fan test otherwise they get kicked out for being a hater.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf? Please don't tell me your a grown man/woman.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Night like tonight, you can really see how dangerous the Lin-Howard combo can be in addition to the already successful Howard-Harden combo.
    Apart from Lin's consistency, which I feel can be relayed to not knowing what his exact role on this team on a night to night basis (i.e. Is he going to be the actual point guard that runs the majority of the plays or is he going to be the second fiddle and more of the catch and shoot player while James runs the offense?), I just wish he would know what he is doing when he puts himself in certain situations. If he jumps in the air on his drives, he should have a clear idea of "I'm definitely going up for the shot" or "This pass is going to whoever for sure". The majority of the time, it seems like he is just jumping up in the air hoping something opens up while in mid-flight. I think this happens because Lin over thinks the situation and tries his hardest to limit mistakes but in doing so creates even worst mistakes. When Jeremy is decisive in his actions, you'll see more moments like tonight and from his better games. You'll see him making the right decision the majority of the time and play brilliant games that usually end in Rocket's victories.

14. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Incosistent with incosistent ball handling and coaching???donuou watch basketball man? For 1st to 3rd qtr Jlin is doing the right thing which is to involve the whole team then here comes Harden for the isolation??? That is the usual thing that happen.dont close your eyes dude, even mchale is fed up with sticky game and keeps on shouting to move and push the ball...but is really a stubborn stud and wants hero ball!wake up!

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I think some of the LoF's are jelly that Harden gets to play ISO ball and Lin does not. They don't like the reason being that Harden is a star and Lin simply isn't.

16. BleedRedNation

I'm sorry but Lin needs too go. He tries to hard to fit in with the team. Hes trying too act like he's the go to scorer when in fact he's the go to turnover machine. He doesn't belong. Yall talk about how good he was tonight when in fact he plays good because of the team they are playing which is a horrible team. The next game he will do this again will be next month.watch and see.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy has been Linconsistent for a while. I think it's youth. Hopefully a bit more growth and he will not have those periods where he just looks awful across the board. I like him, I hope he grows fast enough to stay on the team.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Spending the next 2 or 3 years reading the forum and not posting could be of great help to you, in my humble opinion. That, and a couple of years at a community college, if you can get in. Good luck!

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

It's a catch-22. If he plays too well the Rockets can't afford to pay him after next season, plus he'll have good trade value.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOF's are either delusional or just don't know much about basketball. Seriously, you guys want the team to be built around Lin when he is 3rd or 4th option at best? How about Lin adapt his game to play with the 3 clearly better players Harden, Howard and Parsons?

No team with Lin as 1st or 2nd option will go anywhere.