1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Loop hole in tech fouls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dakeem1, Dec 26, 2013.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

After seeing the tech fouls from the GSW/LAC game today, I wonder if a loop hole was exploited in the ejection of Griffin.

I don't necessarily like Griffin as a player, but I gotta say that he really has had a bad wrap being targetd by several players over his career (most notably Z-Bo).
    Since he's known as being a softy, the Warriors took advantage. First Draymond Green, then Bogut.

When a fight breaks out, or a tussle of some kind, both initial players involved usually get techs a a minimum, no matter who started it.

Did Bogut exploit a loophole and purposely hold on to Blake's collar for the pure reason of getting Griffin ejected? That was a dirty play if I ever saw one. I don't think Blake did anything wrong there, but still got the tech for being involved.

2. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

What Bogut did was disgusting. Sad thing is it's not the first I've seen him do it. I've heard that he's known for that kind of stuff in Australia. I no longer feel bad for him and his knees. Draymond Green was a dirty little piece, too. Maybe it's true what many say about Mark Jackson instilling these tactics. **** em.

3. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Use your rotation player to initiate a fight in order to make the opposing team's star player a collateral casualty...this tactic has been using in the NBA since I started watching basketball like 30 years ago. Why are you so surprised?

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

you just described matt barnes.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This. I don't know if it's a loop hole. Some players do try to get under your skin, either by doing some dirty little things or trash talking. You bear your consequence when you retaliate.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Griffin was victimized but glad LAC lost. We needed them to lose.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bogut never played pro-ball in Australia.

He went to college, got drafted, played NBA.

So I dunno what you "heard", but ummmmm

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Bogut got tangled up with Griffin. Happens a lot with Blake Griffin. Not Bogut fault the refs made the wrong decision

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XHG4MovL7Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Bogut is an absolute scumbag.

I don't like Griffin at all either. But the officiating last night in that game was a joke.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

As much as I hate cp3 and other clippers. What golden state did last night was straight up disgusting. I have ZERO respect for marc Jackson and his team

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's the thing - Griffin didn't retaliate the second time. I'm not even sure if he retaliated the first time, with Draymond.

It was truly an unfair ejection.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If this were an actual strategy, it would make a lot more sense to send your worst player into a brawl with the opponents best player.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yea they just addressed it on TNT it was obviously a game plan.

15. clippy

clippy Member

Isn't this pretty much what Popovich did to beat the Suns & win the title in 2007? Robert "sweep the leg" Horry and the bench clearing brawl..

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Yep.

This Griffin/Bogut thing is nothing new in the NBA, although most teams wisely use a less vital player to get under the star's skin.

If you're the type of player who's sensitive, insecure and lets others get under your skin - opposing players and teams WILL notice and will try to take advantage of that. Whatever it takes to give their team more of an edge and a better chance to win.

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

It isn't an issue with the tech foul but an issue with the officials. They take the easy way out by giving a t to everyone involved in a dust up regardless of if someone was just defending themselves or not.

Bogut is a dirty, arrogant, *******. Bogut knew Griffin had 1 t and knew the odds of Griffin getting another based on a scuffle were pretty good.

NBA players are smart, they know how to exploit and predict the officials.

18. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

Warriors are dirty. It's what they do. Blame Mark Jackson. And he had the nerve to talk about people going after Curry's ankles.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Still trying to figure out what was so dirty about the Bogut play? They got tangled up.

Griffin tangled up with Bogut

Griffin tangled up with Cousins

Griffin tangled up with Zbo

Blake Griffin is sneaky and definitely isn't innocent.

20. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

If Rockets make the final against the Heat, I'm very okay with making Brewer punch Lebron every single game to get them both ejected.