1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More games like this please Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomangame, Nov 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. nomangame

nomangame Member

7 Players in double digits

7 Players with at least 1 blocked shot

5 Players with at least 5 rebounds

In short, TEAM PLAY.:cool:

2. Oracle

Oracle Member

Exacly right! The team was looking really good tonight! I also liked the versatility. When one mode gets stuck a bit, the team has so many other options to switch into.

3. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Kevin McHale here, I will do my best to get the team to buy into the concept of "team ball." Thank you for being a fan! We work very hard to satisfy our fans and try and produce a win and Jeremy will be very happy to play team ball, Harden not so much but we'll get the hang of it!

I kid I kid, seriously though Asik's going to be traded to Miami for Bosh! Keep this between us, your pal - McHale

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep Harden real sad with his team high 9 assists

and his 5.2 APG is also team high and 5th among non-PGs

just saying

5. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Your sarcasm meter must be broken, time to get a new one!

6. vlaurelio

that's why I said "just saying" cause I wasn't sure if you were serious

too many LOFs here

7. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

It's cool man that's why I spoilered "I kid, I kid" but maybe next time I'll just end it in "/s" instead. My join date doesn't make it much easier for you to tell either I guess lol cheers! :cool:

8. Chris Jent MVP

No more CANCER Omer Asik holding the team back.
    Hungry players filled his shoes and stepped up their games.
    Another LINCREDIBLE performance.
    PBev with solid defense, when he goes back to his sixth man role, this team will really take flight!

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We been playing well since the Big O cancer of the team hasn't play.
    I guess we know now why they weren't laying well and the chemistry was all wacky

i would have never thought i would say that. but Asik attitude and lack of effort was hurting the team since the season started. I was hopeful during the preseason but i never imagine Asik would be a whinemaker.

Morey
    sit him till feb
    Let him get all rusty n outta shape

Lets play Dmo n Tj like i been saying from the start

10. OCBlast

OCBlast Member

giving up 110 points to a lowly and off-day Nuggets is what you want to see more of?
    Be my guest ...

11. Remii

Remii Member

Lol... This...

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets offense is basically unstoppable if they can make their open 3s. If opponents have to respect the 3, no one can stop the penetration. This was why twin towers was so bad for the offense. Not enough room to operate.

It's kind of hard to not give up points when for a long stretch, the Rockets too no time off the clock because Howard was fouled 1 seconds into the plays.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

We only let them score 75 through 3 quarters. Which is pretty high but our defense is still a major work in progress. Dmo, for all his impressive offensive capabilities, just isn't a great defender as of now. The fourth quarter was pretty ugly. With so many possessions caused by hack a Dwight, the nuggets were going to score a lot. I think that during the hack a Dwight, McHale should have switch Harden for Beverley because the Nuggets were switching Lawson on to Harden every play and Harden got burned. Finally Parsons took Lawson on the switch and we stopped them.

But I agree with the OP. We need more victories like this. In the preseason, we played great team ball but for some reason, we stopped when the season started. The past few games, it looks like we are going back to playing smart team ball and it really a great to watch. We are way more dangerous the other team has to worry about multiple guys beating them instead of one or two guys. I feel like the Rockets are starting to find an identity and each player is understanding their roles better. This game, while far from perfect, showed a lot of positive growth for our Rockets team.

14. Grinds

Grinds Member

Best part about Jeremy's game tonight... 7 asts/1 TOs

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if his sarcasm meter is broken or just a case of hypersensitivity caused by the non-stop James Harden bashing on the part of the hypersensitive LOFs.

16. vlaurelio

so you're not happy with a win?

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Did you actually watch the game?

-The Rockets dominated from the opening tip off to the end of the game.

-When there was still a glimmer of hope for the Nuggets the Rockets held the Nuggets to 38% and 41% shooting in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

-The team got off to a fast start on offense and played well on offense the entire game.

- The team got huge contributions from TJones and DMo in the form of both offense, defense and blocked shots.

- Hack a Dwight was a disaster for the opposes on team since Dwight was nailing his free throws.

- Omer Asik was not missed.

- The Rockets led From opening tip to the final buzzer and were fun to watch.

Hell Yes I Want Every Game To Go Exactly Like This One!

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

This was probably the best game I've seen us play. AWESOME!