1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A plea to the fans.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Oct 30, 2013.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Barring the 2008-2009 squad that ended in bitter disappointment and a myriad of injuries that stripped us of the opportunity of a championship, this is the first team since the Hakeem era where we can confidently say we can compete for the gold. We've endured a lot as fans. We had to put ourselves through 3 straight lost seasons of winning the 14th pick and missing out on the playoffs by a hair. We had to sit through an entire year of watching David Andersen and Trevor Ariza play basketball.

It just makes it that much sweeter in the end when we win!

My plea to the fans: Enjoy it! Houston sports has had its hardships, and we know all too well what it's like to be disappointed with our teams. This team can be special, and I only hope for the fans that show up to the games to stand, cheer, scream, chant, and represent! Let's give our guys on the court some home court advantage! Houston has great fans, now it's the time to showcase it!

Let's get that gold! :)

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Great reasons, but none as good as watching Brian Cook throw two-handed bullet passes to the rim as an attempt to shoot a three pointer.

1 person likes this.
  3. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Yes, go rockets

Despite how screwed over our players have been (Lin), we will still have a good season. Les will still make his millions, Mchale will still be able to gloat around saying he improved the team with his coaching, Harden will still be able to ISO and not play defense while collecting his max money, Howard will still earn his millions to support his baby mamas and we as fans will still be saving our hard earned cash to occassionaly watch a game or two.

Let the season begin!!!

4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I'm still recovering from the pops mb cut.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's basically been my mantra since we landed Howard. Win or lose, I'm going to enjoy my ass off this year.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Why root for a team that you apparently hate so much?

In your eyes the owner is in it just for the money, the coach is an idiot, the 2 best players play only for themselves and not the team and on top of that have questionable moral character. The icing on the cake the organization from top to bottom has done nothing but do whatever it can to mistreat, misuse, lie to and completely drain the confidence of your idol.

Why on earth would someone who wholeheartedly believes this crap still have anything to do with this team?

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Because he's a troll? And he gets others to take his bait in order to download his own misery on this board... sniff him out and move on without feeding.

There's way too much promise this year to waste our time on irrelevant, divisive posts. The player only fans will figure this out over time, and either flee or convert into Rockets fans. Either way, we still win. ;)

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A plea to fans to stop celebrating our championship until we actually win.

We've heard this before with Hakeem + Clyde + Barkely, Hakeem + Barkely + Pippen, Yao + Steve, Yao + McGrady, Yao + McGrady + Artest, and lord knows we've been hearing a lot about Texans. I'm excited about the season and it's going to be fun but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

What is going to happen is that when the Rockets lose two in a row, which will likely happen in an 82 game season, this board is going to flip out because of the inflated expectations.

9. dje243

dje243 Member

A flea to the pans...
    [​IMG]

10. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

The answer is simple. I have been a Rockets fan for most of my life and still remember the glory days :( It is like having a child that turned into a perverted bum that cheats and steals but end of the day, they are still your child and you still hope for the best

11. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Free T-Will!!!

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

A plea that Lin fans will realize he is simply an adequate player and did nothing special last year to warrant considering him 'screwed over', unless being 15th in shooting percentage among point guards and FORTY FIRST in assist to turnover ratio is special.

13. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Poor Lin. Poor Lin fans. There is no justice in the world.

lol

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why did we trade Patterson again?

16. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

serious question

what was hardens FG% ranking amongst guards and his assist to turnover ratio?

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

This thread turned out better than expected.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ban worthy.

Clutch I will donate $20 if you boot this sour puss

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This is going to be an amazing season to watch. The team is going to be so good that most criticism will be annoying rather than "oh, I guess that could be why this team sucks."

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Jesus, judoka have some fun and let yourself go. :)

Let's start celebrating the championship for awhile. Hey being a fan is not a totally rationale thing.