1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Texans are 2-5 coming out of bye, which QB would you rather see: Young or Keenum?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Oct 14, 2013.

?

At 2-5 which QB would you rather see? Young or Keenum

1. Vince young

19.2%
  2. Case Keenum

80.8%
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I thought texans were *rock bottom* last week and then they roll out a home loss to the rams.

Way things are looking 2-5 coming out of the bye.

Conserviak will likely play schaub or yates against KC and unless you are schaubs mom we all know how that will go.

While keenum hasnt taken a snap in the NFL(regular season I dont believe) and Vince young cant seem to make a team... the story is intriguing.

A fairy tale ending with VY would be some kind of storybook.

Probably the most interested I would ever have been in a 2-5 team. We run keenum out there and its pretty much an experiment in failure much more so than VY. VY just gives you more than an unproven basically rookie. Im sorry this is what its come to but if you really want to salvage this season VY is the only hope now. Face it we have no other choice. Your team sucks with schaub yates or keenum, Stop denying yourself this fact. We tried with schaub and guess what? it didnt work. So be it. If we can go 8-1, or 7-2 to end season with VY could still make the playoffs and glory.

With VY we can run that weakass bootleg and if the pass is covered we can have VY run. So we are already half way there.

Or for those of you that want keenum at 2-5 ... do you really think keenum is the answer? come on. I sure as hell dont and even though kubes is basically almost a vegetable in terms of brain capacity ,he is smart enough to see that keenum just isnt an option.

Go ahead and flame me but take out a mirror and be honest with yourself that you think keenum can go 8-1 or 7-2. Just a poll and a thread calm down but unfortunately for you keenum schaub yates wang lickers this is what its come to. VY come home to roost and lets do this. Like I said most exciting 2-5 team Ive ever seen,

Conserviak is too conserve to pull the trigger now so you guys will get one more game of pain from schaub, keenum, yates coming up with KC.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where's the poll?

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Vince Young will not be signed by the Texans...nor should he be. If he should be a quarterback in the NFL, he would be. Do you think the Packers cut him because of the alleged Jeff Fisher blackballing? No. He was cut because he is not good enough to be the backup for a team in which he'd likely never see the field anyway.

4. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

this

lock this up

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haven't used this in a while but it's more than appropriate.

[​IMG]

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't care honestly, I'd rather see tim tebowing out there than Schaub or Yates

7. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

If you're playing Keenum it's not about winning, it's about seeing what you have in the kid.

8. PointForward

PointForward Member

are you $h11tting me with all the vINTs Young? I thought people were joking when they brought that up. Is someone out there actually serious about bringing him in? Are you insane?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

already posted it, but here it is again

Vince Young campaigns to join Houston Texans

NFL.com
    Published: Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:20 p.m.
    Updated: Oct. 14, 2013 at 03:13 p.m.
    91 Likes | 34 Comments

Email
    Print

Read
    Discuss

Free agent Vince Young viewed the Houston Texans' 38-13 Sunday loss to the St. Louis Rams as an opportunity to campaign for a new job. A Houston native, Young wanted his hometown team to know he could provide an alternative to the dismal play of current quarterbacks Matt Schaub and T.J. Yates.

In a phone interview with Fox Sports, Young suggested that talks to visit the Texans already might be in motion.

"I would like to pop in on those guys and see how that goes," Young said. "We're working on it."

Young led the University of Texas to the 2006 national championship. The No. 3 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the quarterback was NFL Offensive Rookie Of the Year and played five seasons with the Tennessee Titans before making stops with the Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills and Green Bay Packers. He's now advocating for a chance to restart his career with the hometown Texans, saying his personal connections would provide added motivation to take the team all the way.

"I would literally be crying on my first interview if that happens," Young said. "People will be like, 'Why are you crying?' Because that would be a dream come true to play at home in front of my family and friends in the city I grew up in. They've been watching me since high school.

"I definitely wouldn't let them down. I'd put my blood, sweat and tears into getting that Super Bowl. That's something I would love to do, definitely for my hometown."

The quarterback most recently auditioned for a chance to back up Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, but the Packers released him in August. Young, however, said he's in football shape and quickly could learn the Texans' playbook.

"I'm a veteran. I've been in this league," he said. "I learned the Green Bay offense fast, coming in on short notice. It's not really a major change. Everybody runs the same things, so it's about how fast you can pick up the terminology. ... I just feel like I can pick it up and run plays I'm comfortable with that I had success with in the past and then start picking up more each day and each week. I really feel like that wouldn't be a problem."

The Texans advanced to the AFC Divisional Playoff game last season and were favored as Super Bowl contenders going into 2013. They are 2-4 this season.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Two guys, that as a whole, are closer to out of the league than starting NFL QB's. I'd rather Lechler just punt on first down.

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

If Kubiak is coaching, it's not about winning.

We already know what Schaub and Yates give us, why not give Keenum a chance? He can't much worse.

12. Grinds

Grinds Member

Nah, punting on 1st better suits Schaub/Yates. Avoid their Pick 6s.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

As a former UT fan, I have to vote Keenum to demonstrate that I am a classic Texans fan.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

We can get a higher draft pick, winning in a long term or give a chance to know if Keenum is good or not. It is win-win situation.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I haven't quit being a fan of my school. good times or bad.
    Hookem Forever.

16. thejav

thejav Member

Again.. we're desperate but not vince young desperate. .start case..

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I want to Mike Brown to be fired, but his team won the game against OU. That is a big deal for UT. I think he earns something to stay for this year if the team can win a few more. It is hard to quit for following UT even although Mike Brown sucks for three years.

18. updawg

updawg Member

Who's mike brown?

19. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

perfect

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Mack Brown.