1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scrub Starting Next Game Another Loss Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Kubiak said today in his weekly press conference that Scrub will be starting next game you got to be kidding me after yesterdays melt down scrub should be benched the rest of the season. Kubiak wants to get 8 loses in a row then maybe Mcnair will bench scrub I really do not see any major changes till the season is over and we only get 4 or 5 wins. People in charge are straight dumbasses they like tanking

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As sad as it is brah...Schaub is a big reason we have the 2 wins we have. A lot of respected people of the game are saying the exact same thing. Texans best hope is to get mentally right.

3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

While I think eventually Schaub gives us out bed chance, which is no chance, now I can't argue not replacing him ASAP. Granted besides the pick 6 he was pretty good in Seattle game. Silly that they think case or tj will do worse than 2 ints/game and possibly 7 points to the other team. If that is how they feel about those 2 why the f are they even on the team.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He said it, since last night. People shouldn't be surprised to hear it. Not much else you can do without risking the season, anyway.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're ridin or dyin with Schaub this season.

When the inevitable happens..I'm certain that he will be cut. Draft a QB. Let him compete with Keenum for the starting job.

6. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Our backups with do better than a pick 6 and 2 ints in the same game give them a chance already

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We aren't going to lose to the Rams.

That's silly.

8. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

If scrub gives up 2 ints or have to 2 to 3 fumbles game over. Remember scrub is not a risk taker when he is pressured he rolls up in the fidel position this does not help either

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Schaub will be royally mindf***ed during the game. At home with boos in his ears, he is going to be so scared of passing the ball. He might checkdown to Foster at least 10 times.

If I were Rams I would stack the box and dare Schaub to throw the ball down the field.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kubiak wants a chance at Bridgewater thats why Scrub is starting.

11. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Schaub is not the biggest problem. We need to get rid of Kubiak or the next QB will develop Kubiak's style and also be "tied at the hip." We can't have that if our ultimate goal is to win the superbowl.

1 person likes this.
  12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

With the same play calls that opposing defenses already know are coming?

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I think shaub can get it right. The real reason i think shaub has been so terrible this year is because he is trying to run and do more. his problem is listening to fans. sadly schaub is not talented and does not have the mental toughness to handle being more than a pocket passer.

People trying to change him is not helping him at all. ANd anyone who saw the game and said "same ol schaub" is wrong because schaub has never been an interception thrower until this season. I would LOVE to have same ol' schaub now.

so maybe schaub is declining but yates is not the answer so if you guys want to see a backup go in there and tear stuff up, it sure as hell is not going to be keenum. No one goes from their starting qb to their 3rd stringer.

Much less a hard headed regime which is run by gary kubiak.

This is a really sad state of the texans. Schaub is not even giving them a chance to win.

14. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Don't poo poo on my head and tell me it's raining chocolate cookies Gary.

Last year,
    The Niners changed QBs during the season.
    and
    The Ravens FIRED their offensive coordinator.
    BOTH teams RALLIED and made the SUPER BOWL!!!

I don't mind losing to contenders, but
    we have TOO MUCH TALENT on this team to be LOSING the way we are.

Someone in this organization needs to GROW SOME and DIRECTLY address the problem at hand!!!

The CLICHES aint working anymore!!!

1 person likes this.
  15. makman

makman Member

Haven't really seen him run...if you mean the stroll to the sidelines to launch it out of bounds then yes we have seen more of that. It's just his Oline isn't giving him perfect conditions he needs to do what he has done in the past. Shaub has been an interception thrower his entire career, other than 2011 when he was injured early, but he was still on pace for high ints. In fact eight straight games now with a pick. Yates isn't the answer and Keenum prob isn't either, but I have no doubt they could put up the same numbers and be just as effective given they can elude a rush and make plays last a few seconds longer. We'll see if he bounces back but he's broken, old, and declining so I wouldn't expect it. And if he does, the Shaub of old is above avg, nothing worthy of that contract, numbers prove it.

Yr TD/ INT

07 9/9
    08 15/10
    09 29/15
    10 24/12
    11 15/6
    12 22/12
    13 8/9

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Niners didn't "rally" - they were 7-2-1 when Smith got hurt; 20-5-1 in his last 26 starts. And he had taken them to OT of the NFC Championship game in 2011. This year, he's 5-0 with the Chiefs, putting his record at 25-5-1 in his last 31 starts. It's hard to tangibly argue that the 49ers *only* made the Super Bowl because they switched QBs.

As for the Ravens... it, like the Smith move, *was* gutsy - but a little perspective: Cameron had been in Baltimore - and underachieving - since 2008. So it’s not like they had, say, a bad four-game stretch and they pulled the trigger. It had been building for several seasons. And this year? Flacco has actually regressed, meaning his postseason run is looking more and more like a random anomaly more than a result of the bold move.

IOW, a bold move isn’t necessarily needed so much as a reduction in costly mistakes… I'd take a clean game over a TJ Yates starts every day of the week.

17. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Question, would Schaub be signed by any NFL team to be anything more than a vet to compete with a young qb?

I can't think of any team wanting him as a starter

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

That's a silly question after the beginning of this season. Regardless, older QBs are only valuable to teams that are already good and have a hole at QB. Not many fit that bill. If any at all. Chicago maybe, Minnesota, Tampa, Arizona, Cleveland all seem plausible if he rights himself to last season's form

19. Raven

Raven Member

Even Pancakes wants a change.

From his live chat today.

20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.