1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So if poor people aren't being hurt by the president's policies then why...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by eddiewinslow, Sep 25, 2013.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Is walmart cutting orders bc of a giant inventory backlog today? I know rich people don't shop there and I know all the supporters of the left are saying the middle and lower class are doing better than ever and the right wingers are full of it by saying they aren't better off

We all know poor people aren't savers and if they have money they spend it. That would mean a place like walmart would be booming in times when the lower class are so prosperous....right?

I guess lower hours at work + higher gasoline costs + obamacare costs are making them think twice about blowing their money? Surely there is a reason bc walmart is everything to poor people from groceries to clothes to tires. It doesn't get cheaper than walmart

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-25/wal-mart-cutting-orders-as-unsold-merchandise-piles-up.html

1 person likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Please give me a link where the left says that the middle class and poor are better than ever.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You haz MBA from Rice:confused:

4. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

major and all the other left wingers seem to think the lower class are doing great right now! They bash texx who is pretty spot on

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No way you have an MBA from Rice...

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Walmart has been in decline because of brand problems. They've been trying to rescue the brand for years. Lower prices don't guarantee greater sales and Walmart has a tarnished reputation among the middle class.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Eddie, you have posted too much and have now eliminated all doubt.

8. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I work from home, have lots of free time, and enjoy a good banter on why the bottom half of our country is a waste of time in terms of attempting to educate them and make them a somewhat productive citizen

so I enjoy trolling the left...

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What policies?

with a Republican House in full obstruction mode since day 1 what policies would you attribute to President Obama? (noting that the ACA was a Congressional compromise)

and this statement:
    I know all the supporters of the left are saying the middle and lower class are doing better than ever and the right wingers are full of it by saying they aren't better off

Is frankly just bizarre.

#9 Dubious, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Just stop, Eddie.

Yesterday or the day before you wrote some completely misinformed things about trying to get disability. You have no clue what you are talking about on any level. A friend of mine had to close her law practice because of illness. She has serious medical problems and has been diagnosed with lupus (although that diagnosis is not 100% confirmed) and some other stuff, but the doctors are a little stumped. The exact medical condition has not been figured out. The only thing she knows for sure is that she cannot handle her's clients' needs properly when she's in such bad shape and just trying to get through the day. She applied for disability and was denied. She filed some sort of appeal paperwork and was denied again. They are applying for a third time and waiting on word. Hopefully she will get the disability she needs. Saying that it's easy as hell to get disability doesn't match with her situation. There are certainly instances where con-men have gamed the system, but that is the case with literally every system ever devised.

Rice must be so proud...

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

12. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

That may be about disability, and I know there are plenty that really need it. The reality is though that plenty bilk the system and you and I both know that.
    The man who powerwashed my driveway off of craigslist asked to be paid in cash after the fact because he told me he collected disability and didn't want to deposit a check. He was running around powerwashing all day. He said tons of people he knows just say they have a mental illness and collect checks and do cash work, we had a long talk about it. I laughed with him because I was so disgusted. Look if I worked hard for my money I'd be really pissed, but fortunately I sit at home and check stats on my ATM machines so paying high taxes although it pisses me off doesn't really bother me because I'm not slaving for this money. Loading machines twice a week isn't really that much labor for what I make, but the system is being bilked hard.

It's ridiculous we can't drug test welfare users, if you're gonna get welfare I need to know you aren't selling your food stamps and buying drugs with it which I know happens

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Did you list the "Policies of President Obama" yet?

14. Baba Booey

It's ridiculous that people still want to drug test welfare recipients when it has been TRIED IN THE REAL WORLD AND WAS A MAJOR EFFING DISASTER that COST everyone more money in the end.

You are clearly not worried about the cost of these programs. What you want is punitive treatment of the poor. I am sorry, but you are just an ass.

15. Major

Major Member

16. Baba Booey

Typical Tea Party stance: I'd rather burn $11 than give you $10.

17. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

if you want someone else's money then you should follow someone else's rules....and that means no drugs and a laundry list of things ensuring our money is going to good people not true bums

18. Major

Major Member

BTW, this isn't even true. Discount retailers and dollar stores boomed during the recession because the middle class starts spending more there. As the economy gets better, higher end retail recaptures some of that market share. So even without your massive fail, there would have been a simple explanation.

For someone who supposedly runs a business, your business and finance knowledge is sorely lacking.

19. Baba Booey

As long as money money ain't going to you, I am happy. Where are your alleged ATM machines located? I'd like to know so I can avoid them.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter....he won't listen.