1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

al sharpton on CNBC now,the injustice of more blacks in prison today than were slaves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by eddiewinslow, Sep 23, 2013.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

how does this guy have a tv show on msnbc? They're in jail bc they committed crimes plain and simple, they're not in jail bc they're black. This was all after he rambled on about how obamacare wasn't costing people jobs when we all know people are getting hours cut down and companies are shedding workers to get under the threshold. He openly calls republicans racist on national tv, how is this allowed.

I want to punch him in the face. Turn it on so we can learn of the injustice of why so many blacks are in jail, its clearly jails fault and not the fact they did a crime

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Deep thinking.

Eddie, why do people commit crimes?

3. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

lol he just laid the big stats on.....1 in 106 white men go to jail for drugs while 1 in 15 blacks go to jail for drugs.....then he laid the big one white kids are 8x more likely to use cocaine....therefore more of them should be in jail

lol.....

4. CometsWin

Why is that? That's funny? :confused:

5. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

they commit crimes bc they're poor and want money so they steal, they sell drugs, they prostitute their body.....crime is for the most part about money.

unless its murder or vandalism

6. CometsWin

Why are they poor?

7. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

haha bc they're uneducated and can't make money like the rest of us...legally

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. CometsWin

Why are they uneducated?

10. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

bc it's a cycle....poor people are usually uneducated and don't stress it on their kids so they create a cycle of failure while rich people educate their kids and make sure their kids grow up and become successful. I went to private school my whole life and I can't think of 1 of my high school friends who didn't finish college and get a good job.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah the Congressional Black Caucus really f'ed up when they passed all those dumb crack laws in the 1980's. Morons.

12. Major

Major Member

You do realize it has been shown in study after study that, for the same crime, black defendants will get more jailtime than white ones, right? Black men are in jail both because they commit crimes at a higher rate and because they are treated differently by the criminal justice system.

He's right. There's no evidence of companies shedding workers to get under the threshold (and if there were, it would only even work for companies right around 50 jobs to get right under that amount). And if people are getting hours cut to become part time, that would mean MORE people are employed because those companies are hiring more people to replace those hours.

13. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

so less full time jobs replaced with more part time jobs is a good thing? Im sure you'd be thrilled if you went from 40 to 29 hrs so that another american can be given a job!

Again Im just enjoying all this talk, my income is great, im not really affected bc im my own boss and I run a pretty large ATM network, I have 41 machines right now and my income isn't really affected by all this political stuff bc im mostly in gas stations and nightclubs, but its just funny watching all this debate......look i want to help poor people get educated, but i want it done in a different way besides higher taxes on me for wasteful government spending.

I do believe in educating the poor.....but it also starts with their parents when they're kids....honestly i see no way out, the cycle will continue

14. CometsWin

Keep asking why and then you'll understand what he's talking about.

15. Major

Major Member

I didn't comment on the good or bad of it. I just pointed out that your claim was wrong. Al Sharpton was right.

You may wish to start by educating yourself on the issues you're talking about here instead of wanting to punch people who are pointing out facts that you may not like.

16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I get it blacks go to jail more often than whites even though whites do more drugs. Wonderful, maybe whites don't get caught by cops who are stereotyping, whatever the reason is, blacks aren't in jail bc they're black, they're in jail bc they're criminals. The wealthy will always get off, white or black, so the issue may be poor whites might be getting off at a higher clip, but maybe they're not even being arrested, either way there is no reason to make it sound like blacks are being unfairly judged. The ones in jail did a crime and are now doing the time.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this guy eddiewinslow seems to have it all figured out.

why even create a topic of discussion about it?

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You have always sucked at racial sarcasm.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So the mere allegation of racial bias is enough to warrant physical violence. Good job channeling every klansman and segregationist over the entire course of Jim Crow.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I believe the explanation is I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

Are you a believer in the war on drugs?