1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Sixers trade Evan Turner? Do they wait hoping his value goes up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 30, 2013.

1. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I think the 76ers are the ideal trade partner if the Rockets are looking to move Asik or Lin. Not necessarily by sending Turner to Houston, but maybe part of a bigger trade.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Have you checked out his TS% lately?

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

By all means, I'm not saying I like Turner. He is mostly and ISO player, but I do think he has some value around the league. He's not Morey's type of player, which means he's not a Hinkie type of player. I'm just saying, he could be a piece to help facilitate a trade.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He's owed close to $7MM this year. They'd probably have to give up something of value to get someone to take him. Given that this is a rebuilding year for them anyway, they're better off just watching him play the year out. If he shows enough improvement that someone's willing to give up an asset for him, sell high at the deadline.

5. arjun

arjun Member

for a #2 pick...BUST.

but not a bad backup to solidify a bench.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Philly needed Hinkie. Nearly 25% of his shoots were long 2's. Outside of last year, he was fine at the rim. He may be ruined as a player because of bad coaching.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Someone will trade a first for him, hhoping he reaches his potential.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This is why I loved the move to get rid of Jrue Holliday from Philly's point of view. Next year is the year they need to figure out what Evan Turner is really made of, so put it on him.

Maybe he'll blossom, and if he doesn't then it just puts them in a better position to find a star in the draft.