1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

NBA Schedule Release Day: August 6th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

UPDATE: NBA Schedules will be released at 5:00pm Central on August 6th on NBATV.

<HR>

Last I heard they were supposed to drop today- but now I think it may be next week.

Last I heard the NBA schedule is supposed to drop tomorrow, Friday the 26th. I can't wait! But man Oct 31 can't come soon enough.

What are some matchups you want to see opening night? Christmas?

Supposedly Chi-town and Drose will open up in Miami

Heat at Lakers for Xmas

NBA currently has Heat opening vs. Bulls, at Lakers on Christmas
    July 24, 2013|By Ira Winderman, South Florida Sun Sentinel
    MIAMI — The Miami Heat will be getting their 2013 NBA championship rings in front of the Chicago Bulls. Their fans then will get to enjoy their Christmas dinner watching the Heat from afar, against the Los Angeles Lakers.

At least that's the preliminary word based on the nearly completed draft of the 2013-14 NBA schedule sent this week to teams and league broadcast partners, the Sun Sentinel has learned.

According to the preliminary schedule, which is subject to revision, the Heat will open their second consecutive championship defense on Tuesday Oct. 29 at AmericanAirlines Arena against the Bulls.

According to the all-but-finalized draft of the 2013-14 NBA schedule, the Sun Sentinel also has learned that the Heat will visit Staples Center on Dec. 25 to face the Los Angeles Lakers, a somewhat surprising scheduling move considering the Lakers lost center Dwight Howard to the Houston Rockets in free agency and there remain questions about the return timetable of guard Kobe Bryant from last season's torn Achilles.

The final 2013-14 NBA schedule is expected to be released next week. It is rare, practically unprecedented, for nationally televised games, such as opening night and Christmas, to be changed between the initial and final drafts of the schedule.

The full, official version of the 2013-14 NBA schedule is expected to be released Tuesday.

The Heat have had mixed results when receiving championship rings. They were blown out 108-66 on Oct. 31, 2006 by the Bulls at AmericanAirlines Arena, when they received their championship rings for defeating the Dallas Mavericks in the 2006 NBA Finals. Last season, the Heat defeated the Boston Celtics 120-107 on Oct. 30, in the wake of the pregame commemoration of their victory in the 2012 NBA Finals against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

An added element of opening night, with the scheduling against the Bulls, would be the expected return of Chicago point guard Derrick Rose from more than a year of inactivity. After sustaining a severe knee injury during the 2012 playoffs, Rose missed all of this past season, including the Bulls' 4-1 loss to the Heat in the second round of the 2013 playoffs.

As for the Christmas plans on the nearly completed draft of the 2013-14 NBA schedule, it would be the Heat's fifth consecutive Christmas game, with four of those scheduled on the road, the lone exception last year's 103-97 victory over the Thunder at AmericanAirlines Arena.

This would be the 10th Christmas game for the Heat in the franchise's 26 seasons. When the draft of the currently circulating schedule is finalized, it would give the Heat a Christmas game every year since 2004 with the exception of 2008, when the Heat were coming off a 15-67 season. The Heat are 7-2 in their previous nine Christmas games.

Based on the NBA's schedule draft, it will be the third time the Heat play the Lakers at Staples Center on Christmas and their fifth overall Christmas game against the Lakers, having won the previous four, most recently Dec. 25, 2010 in Los Angeles.

It is rare for a defending champion to have to spend Christmas away from home, with the defending champion doing so only three times over the past 10 seasons. The Dallas Mavericks received their NBA championship rings at home on Christmas in 2011 before facing the Heat, when Christmas also was opening day because of the lockout.

---

1 person likes this.
  2. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

I say we open up against the T'Wolves :cool:

3. rocketsmetalspd

Against the Warriors would be great to open the season but it will probably be a team from the Eastern Conference.

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

All I care about is the number of nationally televised games we have--since those are the only games I will be able to watch living in Beaumont.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Finding streams online is not difficult. I live 8000 miles from Houston and still get to watch every single game.

6. rockets13champs

I see us opening against OKC

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

My guess is home opener vs nuggets. Seems like we open vs them all the time. On a Saturday too.

8. dragician

dragician Member

won't be surprised.

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

I see the streams, but it constantly breaks up and is not watchable for me. I haven't figured out the secret.

If I lived that far away I'd get NBA League Pass and get it on the TV.

10. just a word

just a word Member

reddit stream, is all I'm saying.:grin:

11. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Did you used to live in Katy?

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I say we open against GSW in GSW second game of double header to open season

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'd be shocked if we didn't open in OKC as the late game on TNT. Howard's debut, Westbrook returns against the team that took him out.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

It rather be HOU @ LAL than your option.

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That actually would be a great season opener, especially for Dwight. Lin and Harden seemed uneasy leading up games against their former teams, I can't imagine Howard, who we know is affected by the fans and media, will react to a hostile crowd like that. It's better just to get it out of the way.

16. lidderer

lidderer Member

Our first game against LAL is @ home on november 7th, so we won't be opening against them.

17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

these would be the ideal christmas games

Rockets Vs Thunder
    Heat Vs Spurs
    Lakers Vs Clippers
    Knicks Vs Nets
    Warriors Vs Nuggets

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

19. hizzobbes