1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Zach Lowe: Rockets clear winners of FA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Broford

Broford Member

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-assessing-winners-tankers-everything-between

2. Raven

Raven Member

He he he he he he he he.

;)

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I always enjoy Lowe's takes.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Clear Winners

[​IMG]

I'm trying to be modest about it.....:eek:

1 person likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We ran the offense that way for a reason. Personnel dictates the scheme. Rockets can adapt. D'antoni cannot. The joke is on D'antoni. No, nevermind, D'antoni is the joke.

1 person likes this.
  6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Zach Lowe, where have you been all my life? I love that guy's articles, and I really needed a short recap to sum up what all the teams did.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Good journalism.

Wondering where Demarcus Cousins ends up.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's just a fantastic writer. I love his takes as he seems to be one of the few journalists out there without an agenda. He just calls it like he sees it, and that's refreshing.

1 person likes this.
  9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I apparently missed the part of last season where Dwight Howard became known for his flatulence...anyone clue me in?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Glen Davis was asked what the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Magic&amp;src=hash">#Magic</a> will miss most about Dwight Howard. Davis' answer: Dwight's flatulence.</p>&mdash; Josh Robbins (@JoshuaBRobbins) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/statuses/253199362061131776">October 2, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Glen Davis: &quot;The thing we're going to miss most about Dwight is his farting ability.&quot;</p>&mdash; Josh Robbins (@JoshuaBRobbins) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/statuses/253199769973948416">October 2, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Glen Davis re: Dwight Howard: &quot;A great farter. He can fart. He can fart loud -- the loudest farts. Silent farts.&quot;</p>&mdash; Josh Robbins (@JoshuaBRobbins) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/statuses/253200186556428289">October 2, 2012</a></blockquote>

2009:

"He (Howard) fools around at practice, during press conferences and during shootaround, where Magic coach Stan Van Gundy has had to institute a no-flatulence rule because, as forward Rashard Lewis says, 'Dwight really likes to cut the cheese.' "

1 person likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lowe on the 4 questions he was asked the most while at the Vegas Summer League:

Oh, Daryl. What a nerd.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, he loves ping pong. Besides it is a good networking opportunity.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

It's funny because at my high school we all loved table tennis and in the end, only un cool people didnt try out for the team

14. jocar

jocar Member

Seems like everyone in America is laughing along at LA and its fans. :grin:

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

This is how i picture LA fans based on how much they talk out their ass on the ESPN comment section.

[​IMG]

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

WTF, COMBO?!

Get outta here!

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, anyone that thinks that Kevin McHale doesn't want to run the offense through the post doesn't know Kevin McHale. When you lack size and defense you have to play with a high pace and launch threes to give yourself the best chance to win.

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I really think that the Thunder regressed this offseason. One thing that's carried them for years is their bench play, in particular the 6th man (Harden and Martin). Not having that will hurt them, especially in the later part of the season. The Thunder are hoping that Lamb or Jackson could take on that role but they are betting on potential and that is too much uncertainty for a team trying for a title. Now that Durant and Westbrook's offensive load will increase, so do their chances of getting injured. And if either of them go down for an extended period of time, the Thunder are only as good as a 6th or 7th seed.

That's just my two cents.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Thunder ruined any chances of them winning a championship when they decided to go cheap on Harden. They'll be a good team for a few more years till Westbrick and Durant run out on them, but they'll never win it all.

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Reggie Jackson will be nice (not quite Harden, but yeah)