1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hubie Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Jul 17, 2013.

1. koopa

koopa Member

McHale is a Hall of fame player but not a hall of fame coach. With this star studded team, if things don't work out with Coach McHale..how about Hubie Brown? Is he still healthy? He looks more dead than alive but his experience and he has the best technical knowledge in the game when I heard him commentating for ESPN; he explained things very well and in depth.

Maybe, just maybe some wooing could get him to come. There's not many hall of fame coaches available. Phil jackson we know will only come out of retirement for LA.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Do you want to kill the man?

He's ****ing 80

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

As Hubie Brown would say, 'Come on now'.

4. koopa

koopa Member

What's the problem? Coaching will prolong his life if anything. He lives and breathes basketball.

5. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Lol the NBA season hasn't even started and some folks thinking about getting rid of the Coach who was a major factor in luring the biggest free agent in franchise history

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Staying up late watching tape, screaming at kids and consistent travel are going to prolong his life?

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Paul Bryant and Joe Paterno would agree

8. eomor131

eomor131 Member

Season haven't even started.

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

As much as I hate Phil Jackson, if he came to the Rockets the Lakers fans will feel EVEN MORE Butt Hurt. That would be the greatest thing that could possibly happen.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Hubie Brown...
    The mummy
    Cocoon
    Grateful dead
    Diapers

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We need a coach who relates to the players. The X' and O's come from Morey. I am not saying Morey is a great basketball mind. I think he stole a lot of his ideas from other coaches and then ran his voodoo analysis on them and perfected them. I think he did the same on defense. So all McHale has to do is follow it and we look good.

Morey just doesn't have the game strategy down but he breaks each player down on what he does best to help the team win. Morey is so far ahead of the pack. As long as we have him all we need is a player coach who motivate the guys and implement Morey's plans and then tweak as needed on the floor. Personally when Battier retires I think he could do that job easily because he is a great leader and he is smart and will pickup what Morey wants easily. In that sense I think McHale is not the best choice but one thing is for certain Dwight wants McHale now so for Now McHale ain't going nowhere.

12. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Hubie did great with Memphis but he stepped down for a reason. There comes a point where coaching takes to much out of you. Ask Rudy T.

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

Hubie has endless knowledge of the game, but I can't see why Kevin McHale should go. I think Kevin McHale is a great coach who has the guts to let the players do their thing. There is a fine line between having a diciplined lineup but at the same time keep and encourage player creativeness. Kevin McHale is one of those very few coaches that has that trait. In a team that shoots a lot of 3-pointers, he is great in providing the players with self-confidence.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

look, i hate mchale too but i just gotta deal with it

15. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Now look, if you're Kevin McHale, you're wondering what else you can do? You were given an inexperienced team, you take them to the playoffs, and yet people are still saying you're not good enough. You feel bad about it and you should

1 person likes this.
  16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, all you people who keep calling for someone other than Lurch need to get with the program. Kevin is the right guy at the right time ...and not just because of Dwight. He's a helluva lot better coach than many think.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would anybody hate McHale?? He genuinely seems like a nice guy, he took this team to the playoffs and had them fighting until the very end, and every single player has stated how much they love playing for him. I really cannot believe the amount of arrogance some fans display when talking about head coaching in the NBA, as if it's some easy job that anybody can do. He had simple sets this season because he literally had NO training camp, and the youngest roster in the NBA. You play with the hand you're dealt, and I think McHale stole the pot this past season with his coaching performance.

18. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I don't know why you guys keep suggesting new coaches. McHale was part of the reason Dwight came to Houston. He's not going anywhere.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No disrespect but isn't he technically dead?

20. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Tut tut. All this talk from posters about who needs to coach the team. A year ago, these same ppl would have been telling us who the GM should be. Go to LA's board and tell them.