1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Stiemsma is signing with Pelicans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MikeMania, Jul 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Announcement from agent Mark Bartelstein confirms that free-agent center Greg Stiemsma is signing with Pelicans</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/354981691644854273">July 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Although there were reports that the Pelicans had no interest in Omer, I think it is conclusive now they are going a different route.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm going out on a limb here....

That guy is not a starting C in the NBA?

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Former Celtic and Timberwolves backup.

Decent shotblocker. Had him in a fantasy league.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm looking at this differently. Maybe they're trying to bolster their trade deadline offer. Anderson along with Morrow and Stiemsma - those would be useful secondary pieces I'm sure McHale would welcome. We were rumored to be interested in Morrow and Stiemsma is a piece you'd probably want with your backup center heading out.

5. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Actually, thinking it about it more... it could mean an impending trade moreso than before. I typed my comment too hastily.

They could be moving Lopez, someone who wouldn't mind playing backup along with Anderson for Omer + another piece?

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Lopez is on the Trail Blazers.

7. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Well alright then. :p