1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Is he back with espn? Why is being wasted away on this stupid sportsnation nonsense?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He has a radio show on ESPN station in LA as I understand it.

I'm a big Max Kellerman fan. Particularly for boxing.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Max Kellerman is great. I liked him back when he was hosting Around The Horn, then followed him to Fox Sports when he was on I, Max. When that got canceled Kellerman was no longer on TV for a long time. Glad that he's back. He's way better than that tool Tony Reali.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Charrisa Thompson left for Foxsports that's why he is on sportsnation. Him and Marcellus have a radio show so I guess he was the favorite to take the position.

I like Tony Reali more than Kellerman for Around the Horn. It could be because it has been such a long time since he has been on ATH I have forgotten how good he was. Plus Reali has gotten much better over the years. I do miss disembodied voice though... forgive me.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Always liked Kellerman, glad to see him back on ESPN.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I liked him better on AtH than Adam.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's had a radio show on ESPN here in LA for quite a while. It isn't bad at all.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm not a fan.

I don't like boxing.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

SportsNation is going down the ****ter... from Beadle and Cowherd, to Charissa Thompson and Cowherd, to Charissa Thompson and Marcellus (awful), now they lose the eye candy altogether. They need to go back to the stable and get this show back on track, or it's gonna be gone soon.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It's a stupid show with a stupid premise. I couldn't care less what the rest of the country is thinking about some sports issue. 99% of ESPN viewers are morons and the 1% that aren't wouldn't waste their time answering these poll questions.

LAM likes this.
  11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Agree on that part. I never cared about the polling part of the show, but I thought Beadle and Cowherd were great at discussing the topics. And the other stuff like 3 tears, 3 jeers, 3 cheers, weird web videos was cool.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Always hated it. Always.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well that's disappointing. I almost never watch the show but I noticed she wasn't there last week. I was hoping she was just on vacation. Charrisa is smokin' hot and pretty much the only reason I ever watched that show at all. :(

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, and before her, Michelle Beadle. They were fun to look at but they knew their stuff. SportsNation just no as appealing to m with 2 guys... who knew?

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This is OT, but why is ESPN losing all their top female talent (EA, Beadle, Charissa Thompson)? I can kinda understand Beadle's move to NBC if she wants to venture out of just sports, but why would anyone make a seemingly downward move to FoxSports? Without looking up contract details, I can only speculate that ESPN is cheap and figures they have the ability to generate the talent from an endless supply of hot young(er) women.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

became a fan of his after Max & Marcellus started airing in the local LA radio market.

he's a pretty interesting, very intelligent and driven, and somewhat arrogant sports analyst.

his story is very interesting, too. as a teenager he started a NYC public access tv show on boxing and parlayed that into what his career has become today.

I was just reading up on the story of his brother Sam who was murdered in 2004 by an aspiring boxer.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Sportsnation is a freaking worthless show

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They leave and then they just kind of disappear. I've seen Beadle on TV like once since she left. I only see Erin Andrews in probiotics commercials. I saw Melissa Stark maybe a month or two ago after not seeing her in years. Still looks damned good.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I hate max Kellerman. He has this smuge, doucheness about him and always comes off as if he's always right and nobody else is.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Beadle has her own show on NBCSports network. Its good, but ESPN has conditioned me to look to their channel first for sports entertainment. when I do remember to watch her show I enjoy it; she still really funny. Andrews leads a team on Fox during College Football season. I've seen Rachel Nichols on CNN and on other networks.

Its not like ESPN didnt want these people even with all the layoffs, other networks are just taking them. The talent feels like these other avenues are just better than ESPN.