1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas liberals shamefully protest Perry's measures to safeguard women's health

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

This argument is nonsensical from someone who prefers states' rights. The DOMA rulings basically stipulated that it is the prerogative of states that should define marriage, and not the federal government that can supersede what individual states determined to be right. I can probably find dozens of posts by you on how state determination of law is in fact more ideologically pure than federal determination of law---in fact, in this very thread, you have implicitly taken this position.

No matter what argument you make, you are crossing your own ideological preferences. Does the thought of two men crossing their dicks really get you this muddled up?

2. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

they wouldn't have the money, one abortion clinic said it would cost over a million dollars.

oh yeah, would hit

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. False

False Member

Did you read the posting? It says they are lookign for staffers for a campaign to protect women's rights. It is salaried position apparently. You are deluding yourself if you think that this is advertising for protestors.

I'm curious, how did you find that link? Do you just cruise craigslist looking at personals and job postings all day or there some other source?

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol Perry pwn3s the protesters again by pushing it back to July 9th

7. mc mark

I'm pretty sure the legislature sets the calendar hoss.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trolling D&D has apparently become basso's full time hobby. No doubt that he's getting feeds to all the far-right, extremist wacko conspiracy sites. I can picture him cackling with glee when he finds something particularly stupid and offensive. It's what he does here now, and why I have him on ignore. I normally don't have a problem with his posts in other forums, although he went over the line in the GARM today, posting a political jab at the President. I told him I'd report it if he didn't do an edit. Guess I need to check on that.

9. mc mark

What's really ironic in texxx's glee is that when this passes it will do nothing but put another nail in the coffin of a republican majority in Texas.

Have you ever seen a bunch of pissed off Texas women?

Can't wait for the photo of Perry signing this bill surrounded by a bunch of old guys.

10. mc mark

Women Freakout in Texas!

[​IMG]

There is an amazing presence right now in Texas, with a combination of men and women standing up for women’s rights and it’s a beautiful sight. This should be a heads up for Governor Rick Perry, Dewhurst and their Conservative colleagues. Women will rock that vote and 2014 is right around the corner.

[​IMG]

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tg2nEm_Eh3c#t=4m38s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

14. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

let them dig their own grave.

15. Northside Storm

you know who would not support a 20+week ban...

the Supreme Court.

get ready for a judicial smackdown, every time, until Roe v. Wade is overturned.

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

oh, really?

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

actually they probably would.

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#StandWithSatan

20. Northside Storm

yeah, really

unless you forgot---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood_v._Casey

Plurality O'Connor, Kennedy, Souter (jointly)

so, unless you want to argue how a) Kennedy has changed his mind on social issues, b) Why Breyer, Kagan, Ginsburg or Sotomayor would ever vote against anything restricting legal abortions or c) how a ban on abortions is not an undue burden on married women seeking an abortion---I suggest you get ready for the smackdown.