1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This means Morey doesn't think Josh Smith and Dwight would fit well..Interesting..

2. RockSC

RockSC Member

does this guy?

we already have a thread for this.

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

kobe took more shots than anybody in the history of the NBA... nuff said...

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd give 4 million just to be able to take a piss without it hurting.

1 person likes this.
  5. keez857

keez857 Member

You do realize that there is a 2,000 post thread, discussing everything you just mentioned?

6. betterhomesbytj

You have told us 3 diffrent days today we might get a answer......lol...... one of them should be right.... or maybe tomorrow we might get 3 more days.....

7. acjeitherocket

hell. maybe 1,000,000 pages :eek:

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Guys

I can guarantee that the Mavs and Lakers will have "outstanding" meetings tomorrow with Dwight.

Even if a meeting goes ok - Dwight - especially his agent - will not say otherwise. They need these "successful" leaks out to have the teams compete against each other for their bid. Each team's front office probably knows more than what was leaked but I mean information about CSN Houston doing something - now TWC reps are coming for the Lakers.

Sign and trade to GS or Mavs? the Rockets and Lakers are strong you better give up more pics or better players/contracts in a deal.

Dont want him going to GS better offer more to him indirectly (guaranteed china marketing etc)

Fegan is trying to put pressure on these teams to put in their best offer. I would guess while the sit down meetings are all down for now - there will be several phone calls after the Lakers are done to all the teams for them to get in their final offer.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I totally agree its smarter all around for lakers to let him walk if he's leaving, I was just pointing out reason behind it. It's not realistic to expect a star for Dwight so why accept 50 cent son the dollar and have to pay luxury tax.

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

day 2 motha fudgers

11. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

It can also mean that Morey will be offering a different contract if howard signs (Lower) vs Howard does not signs (Higher)...

12. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Fixed

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=235496

Here is where I posted about the Rockets interest with Josh Smith before they thought Dwight would be so available.

So Spears said they will sign him if they don't sign Howard.

See CF, I love you guys, get you this stuff months before ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. Outlier

Outlier Member

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Excellent summary of Dwight's childlike decision making process. Someone just show him Dream's shiny championship ring after the Lakers leave and Dwight will be bedazzled into signing with Houston.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

17. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

18. platypus

platypus Member

While i would love to debate with you on who is better, Kobe or Harden, this thread is about Dwight and his FA. And you didn't address my point.

Kobe has no business taking 20 shots on a team full of Hall of Fame caliber players. Maybe this is the reason why they had to play catch up in the end of the season to even make the playoffs?

If i'm Dwight i would be ecstatic to play alongside James Harden, who single Handedly led a rockets team to the playoffs. Also james saw Multiple double/triple teams each night while still having a TS% of .600 (Kobe's: .570) and a nearly identical PER to kobe (a difference of .10 between the two)

And all our FO office has to do is show Dwight the numerous videos of Omer fumbling a perfect pass from Harden/Lin instead of getting the easy point/assist and let Dwight envision himself in that role getting buckets.

Sorry butthurt lakers fan this isn't 2009 anymore.

1 person likes this.
  19. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

100% agree.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think it will be the opposite. No way in hell Smith is a Morey player. We'd only pay him legit money if that is what it took to bring in D12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.