1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Myck kobongo

2. Rocket Booster

The others are good picks, but Taylor was a ridiculous bad pick.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeff Withey was one of the top defenders in college basketball.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joey Dorsey sucked ass too, I'm glad he found an inferior league to show off his mediocre talent...

5. Rocket Booster

That's funny, because he had better numbers in the NBA than he did in Euroleague. He also lasted much longer in the NBA than he did in Euroleague........

Oh wait, right, you meant the "inferior league"

:rolleyes:

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

ray lewis with a basketball..

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Let's hope Morey does well again, it's time to find another gem and please no undersized PF who thinks he's a SF or the other way around. That means no more Morris types. Also, no more undersized fake centers who cannot play PF like Dorsey. Lastly, please no more guys with character issues like White. I want guys who can play defense and still improve shooting like Landry or Parsons.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Odd, considering he had his best season in 2011-2012.

9. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

Let me clarify. I think Jeff Withey WILL BE a nobody in the NBA. I think of Mitch McGary putting 25 on him in their loss to Michigan in the tourney.
    Meanwhile, Withey only had 12.

But you and others could be right about his NBA future. I could be wrong.

I just see a big white guy coming into the league and not having much of a future.

Aaron Gray had a good run at Pitt. There were high hopes for him. And now? Flat on his face.

And I CANNOT HELP comparing him to Cole Aldrich. I know people say 'well, Withey's way more athletic.'

We'll see. Let's just hope he's not in a Rockets uniform when we see it.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think in Withey's case, his age will help and hurt him. Being 23 and a four year player will help him contribute early, but will probably drop him into the 2nd round.

11. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

12. Big Red Machine

Aaron Gray, like Cole Aldrich, is not the same type of center as Jeff Withey. Gray is a big, plodding center. That's not Withey. He's mobile.

Like I said, lazy comparison based on height, years of college experience, and race. You're counter to being told Withey is more athletic than Aldrich was to bring up Aaron Gray, another slow center that doesn't compare to Withey. You don't have an argument, and it'd be better if you just admitted that and said you just don't think Withey will pan out.

13. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'm still pushing for Rice. He won't be there at 34 though.

<script height="360px" width="630px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=MDYzZmYzZjIwNTA0YjI4Y2YyM2JmNTgw&ec=8wdTlsYzoke5AV6TuyEnR_pXgLhe93P0"></script>

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Withey will have to hit the weight room for sure. Love the Dieng kid from Louisville, very mobile and perfect for an uptempo team. Bigs take several years to develop once they come into the league, McHale would be perfect scenario to draft an athletic big.

15. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

I'm all about Mark Lyons at 34, but if we got offered a top 15 for Robinson, we'd be foolish to not take Adetokunbo.

16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This. I think what he was good at in college will not translate well over to the NBA to be an effective center.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

18. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

19. Rocket Booster

False and untrue. He had his beat season in 2012-13 in the Turkish League. TURKISH League, not Euroleague.

He was cut twice in the Euroleague. He was cut by both of his Euroleague teams.

20. Rocket Booster

There is absolutely no way in hell that Antetokounmpo (the actual spelling) is not going in the first round. He's being projected as high as 8-13 right now.