1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] Things Are Looking Up For the Lin Crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Some quotes on Lin from McHale and Morey in this piece…Nothing earth-shattering, but it's a nice, positive piece....on a day when everyone should be nice and positive, I think, after such a big and important win last night...but then, what do I know anyway? :p

#1 CarolNYC, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

[CHRONIC] Some people hate it, some people love it.

4. Roxs

Roxs Member

I still wouldn't quite call myself a long-term believer in Lin as the Rocket's franchise PG, but I absolutely love players that take accountability and acknowledgement for their poor play.

I wish nothing but success for the guy, especially in a Rocket's uniform.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It seems I have the same view of Lin as coach McHale has. I guess I'm a LOH, despite the fact I've been a rockets fan for about as Lin has been alive.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same for me, but I am young and with limitless* potential.

*Actual potential may be severely limited.

2 people like this.
  7. L7N

L7N Member

So much god damn drama, this crap makes "days of our lives" seem like an action series in comparison.

8. L7N

L7N Member

actually made me laugh out loud when you said Beverly and starting line up in the same sentence.

9. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

lol.:eek::eek:

10. just a word

just a word Member

Good to hear this, and confirms suspicions I've had about Lin's minutes limited by resting the knee.

I also noticed that he gets pulled faster if he's getting fouled a lot but the ref's aren't calling it, even if Lin plays well.

11. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

These past two games Lin has had very bad match ups with Tony Parker being much faster than he is and Livingston being taller and longer. I expect him to bounce back against George Hill who is his equal in terms of salary and skill set.

12. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Advanced stats say that Hill is actually the best PG defender in the league, along with Conley (by DWS and DRtg).

And in terms of overall Win Shares, Hill is 5th amongst PGs (behind CP3, Westbrook, Parker and Curry) and 13th overall in the NBA with 8.9. That's pretty darn impressive.

14. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

How do you explain 38 on Parker in San Antonio? How do you explain 29 against Westbrook? They aren't bad matchups. They're called OFF
    NIGHTS. JL is going to have stretches now and again being young and given his role in the rox offense. It's fine. He's a fantastic young player and the Rox and ALL their fans should be glad to have him.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Players on good defensive teams always have better DRtg and DWS. He's 12th on his own team in DRtg, and 4th in DWS.

16. liljojo

liljojo Member

Ummm...I'm pretty sure Lin didn't lose his starting spot because of an off night...

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What the hell?

18. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

There is not a single person on the internet who signed up at clutchfans.net just to bag on Jeremy Lin.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you 100% sure about that:confused: I'm pretty sure I have seen screen names dedicated to tearing Lin apart (Lolin)

20. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

It's funny I was listening to the 790 today that they kept talking about Lin's contract is not a very bad one for D. Morey. Actually they mean is it is a bad one for the Rockets for 8 million a year.