1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love being boring

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

what do you considering a boring life?

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Entertain them by putting your penis in their mouth.

Or be asian and masturbate to cartoons.

There's no point being boring, even if you're going to read a book... DO IT WITH INTENSITY

WORK OUT YOUR GLUTES

THEY LOOK PATHETIC

3. what

what Member

staying home, doing nothing, reading and writing, occasionally going on a road trip by myself, never eating out or having friends over. the usual boring stuff.

my excitement is probably more internal than external, like learning something new or thinking. generally all the things women find boring in a guy.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm sure I'm boring by some people's standards but it sounds like OP is just trying to make being a Forever Aloner be neat when it's just not.

Come on, what. Join a dating site and when you find a female whose username is why then you'll know it is meant to be.

Os Trigonum and The Drake like this.
  5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

OP is a recluse.

nothing to see here.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Typically, when old people on their death bed look back at their life they never say, "I wish I had been more boring".

Be careful. YOLO

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

Top 5 Regrets of the Dying

A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'. What would your biggest regret be if this was your last day of life?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

Here are the top five regrets of the dying, as witnessed by Ware:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

"This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it."

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result."

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

"Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying."

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

"This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again."

8. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

This is the way i see it.

1.) If you are boring, but hot and rich, you will get girls.

2.) If you are boring, but ugly and rich, you will still get girls.

3.) If you are boring and hot, but not rich, you will still get girls.

4,) If you are boring, ugly, and not rich, you will have a hard time getting
    girls.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. Damion Laverne

Optimal6, is that you?

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

One thing I can say about this thread is that the OP loves being boring. That's why this is OK. He's not living his life the way others expect him to and he's not trying to be someone he's not. If he really loves it, then being boring is his passion and he's living his passion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this as long as the OP is being truthful about really loving it.

For example, my passions were traveling and eastern european women. My parents wanted me to marry a nice country girl in Texas and get a stable job working for the man at a refinery or plant in the area. So, I got a job as a traveling consultant, moved to Ukraine and married a woman I met in Kiev. My family **** themselves when they found out. Had I done what my parents wanted from me then, I'd be one of those on my death bed wishing I had lived my life on my own terms and not from family or social expectations.

11. what

what Member

yje crazy thing is, tell a woman you don't need them to be happy, and women go ape **** about it. it's almost as if they band together like the movie "they live" to squash the intruder.

12. dback816

dback816 Member

Wait wait wait

Is this entire thread equating boring = not getting ladies?

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Married and bored, or single and lonely. Ain't no happiness nowhere.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

If your happiness hinges on women then this is probably true. Happy people are happy regardless of whats going on in their dating/marriage life.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I don't know if I like being boring, but I sure as heck like being alone some times. That said, it's good to have friends and companionship. Look, I was someone when younger would rather sit by myself and read when other kids were running around at parent's dinner parties.

I'm still very much enjoy alone time, but trust me when I say (and I'm stealing from George Clooney in up in the air here) "If you think about it, your favorite memories, the most important moments in your life... were you alone? Life's better with company." What it really hinges on is having good company, and it's one of those things that actually requires luck, but if you see it, don't let it slip.

16. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Honestly, you sound depressed.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Play Mass Effect 3 online or XCom.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is the denial stage of depression lol

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it could be that, or it could be that you are just gay.

[​IMG]

coldplay loves being boring and that dude got gweneth paltrow. that dude from death cab for cutie got zoey dechanel and that band is boring as dog s***. jay-z is totally boring and he got beyonce...point being that YOU NEED TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES!

S*** OR GET OFF THE POT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this?

[​IMG]