1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Shabazz Muhammad. A Lock for the 1st Overall Pick in the 2013 NBA Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Johnson2000, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Wiggins would school around 90% of the players in the league right now, so this isn't saying much against Shabazz.

2. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

Cody Zeller? With Asik here and Aldrich as well? Is this some reset of the 1983 Celtics?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Pistons have to be pretty excited. Monroe, Drummond, and Shabazz? That's not bad.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

UCLA’s Muhammad reinstated with conditions

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

WOOOOOOOOO

FREE SHABAZZ!!

He looked so upset last night at Pauley not being able to be out there and play

The Fab 4 are gonna be able to play!

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Shabazz Muhammad is eligible to play against my Hoyas. Great.</p>&mdash; chris palmer (@ESPNChrisPalmer) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNChrisPalmer/status/269687246423195649" data-datetime="2012-11-17T06:23:44+00:00">November 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. CertifiedTroll

We get to see his first performance tonight. I wonder how well he can adjust to the tempo in his first college showing..

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

ESPN2 airing the UCLA/ Georgetown game right now. Should be able to see Harden 2.0 here if you want to check him out.

9. Progs

Progs Member

So far he looks real rusty ut should pick it up in the 2nd half vs a good defense like Georgetown has...

10. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

man.. never compare anyone especially a college ball player to kobe. lol. i rememberlast year when nets fans were doing the same thing to marshon brooks. only players that can be compared to each other are kobe and m.j. atleast let shabazz prove something first.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This guy is a grade A toolbag. Check out what happened last night... he called for the ball for the game winner, but his teammate didn't see him and ended up MAKING THE SHOT FOR THE WIN. Muhammad proceeds to walk off the court pissed off without even acknowledging the teammate while everyone celebrates. What a douchebag selfish POS. No thanks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BDRljyUORuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I clicked on the link expecting to see something pathetic. Honestly, I didn't think it was that bad. He obviously didn't go dog-pile with his teammates, and maybe he is pouting slightly, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Also, maybe it's just me, but it would have been different if his team was actually trailing. If his teammate misses that shot, they still go to OT, so everything's cool. If he had acted that way and they were down by a point or two I feel like that would have been worse. In that case, a missed shot means they lose, so he shouldn't care who makes it, just that it went in.

I can see why people might criticize him for this. It's not as if he did himself any favors, but I also think this is going to get more attention than it deserves.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i dont get your logic. He may care less if the team's trailing? If anything it's the other way around. If his team is losing and he doesnt get the shot and the teammate misses then it's over, he doesnt get another chance hence he's more upset he didnt get the shot.

The fact that it's tied means he should've cared less, cause if the teammate misses it would have gone to OT and he would've had another crack at it.

YOu say it's not a big deal but when was the last time we saw something like this? WHen Robert Horry or Derek Fisher hit game winners i didin't see kobe running off angry.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This is what I was getting it... I can't recall EVER seeing that kind of reaction from ANYONE after a walk-off shot. Actually, his reaction looked like the reaction you would have if you had the shot made AGAINST your team.

15. STR8Thugg

Francisco Garcia did it last season I believe. :grin:

I only mean't that it would be even worse if he was pissed about his teammate making a shot if he team was LOSING. Because they would have gone to OT anyway, I can kind of understand him being pissed about not getting the last shot. Even though his teammate made it, he feels like he should have been the guy with the ball.

If he was pouting after they had won when they were previously behind, I think that would be worse because the joy of winning a game that you "shouldn't have won" should overtake your disappointment of not getting the ball.

Either way it's splitting hairs. I'm not defending the guy, and it certainly isn't the type of reaction you would hope for (I have a hard time believe The Beard would have acted this way at ARZ St), but the description of the act was way worse than what I actually observed. He didn't appear to be visibly PISSED OFF, it was more like he was cool and indifferent. Again, I don't think it was a good reaction, but I wouldn't shy away from drafting him just because of it.

16. STR8Thugg

To clarify again, the hypothetical we were discussing was always if his teammate MADE the shot. So yes, if his team was down by 1 point and his teammate made a shot to win the game and he acted like this then that is worse, IMO.

I can understand him getting mad because he feels like he should have had the ball, NO EXCUSES. Even if he turns it over or misses, it's almost certainly going to OT, so no harm done. Again, NOT DEFENDING HIM, just trying to rationalize his actions.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Doesn't have a high steal or block rate, doesn't shoot a high percentage from the field, less than an assist per game, not particularly strong on the boards either. Bad indicators for a player reputed to be a strong, athletic, offensively skilled wing.

I haven't watched him play (not really interested in college b-ball), but glancing over his numbers he doesn't appear to be anything close to a lock for 1st pick.

18. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

now i would like to see that
    really?

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Shabazz should have stayed in his hometown and went to UNLV. He could have been more of a focal point offensively at UNLV and would have benefited from playing alongside Anthony Bennett.

20. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

It's nice to have an ego and want the ball but if you can't be happy for your teammate then something is wrong.

Anybody think he would pass the ball in that situation? He was looking for his Austin Rivers moment to get drafted top 10. :)