1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. SirKen

SirKen Member

Does it have to be one or the other? Can it not be both?

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

What are you talking about?

Lin had 0 turnover in this game and Harden had 6 total, 5 in the first quarter.

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Blaiyan.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6EViEJsw8s4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. SirKen

SirKen Member

I like TD and all but I think Lin plays better at both ends of the court at 4th Q.

5. jocar

jocar Member

If you can seriously say the reason Lin doesn't take as many shots is because he is afraid of being benched, then that's Lin's weakness/fault.
    I happen to think he's stronger minded that what you suggest. I think he has a lack of confidence because his shots have not been falling, and he is afraid to be the cause of a lost possession or lost points- not of being benched.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

He was being sarcastic. Look it up in the dictionary if English isn't your first language.

7. mirus

mirus Member

I think you have a point but today the main issue is not lin only but the whole team FT.:confused:

8. jmart

jmart Member

I'm personally not too worried about this game. It's freaky to shoot that bad from the line and 3. I think they kill the Celtics in a 7 game series.

9. mirus

mirus Member

Lets not carry away guys.This game is on the team as a whole.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Not talking about him trying to be Novak....doing what he does best by driving in and shooting closer to the basket. OKC is doing pretty well with Westbrook hitting bricks....sometimes the only way to improve is to shoot more. < 10 shots is way to conservative for a high profile player like Lin.

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

You don't say!

Lets just keep it real, Les was the only person high in Lin. Mchale doesn't see Lin as a starter, so in his mind, it's not impt for Lin to be in during crucial minutes of te game. Lin is so average that someone like TD can replace him. Goooo Rockets.

12. brick

brick Member

These are what I thought too. There must be something in the scouting report like "the rockets' coaches bench their players who dare to take a mid range shot. So you only need to harass their ball handler, neglect their screens, pack the paint, force their 3's"

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

You take your Lin stuff way too seriously.... Smith is closest to Lin as in he just came out of nowhere and was undrafted.

14. yunac010

yunac010 Member

McHale needs to start playing the other guys more more. I know they're not exactly NBA ready, but we can't play Harden, Lin, and Parsons 35+ mins every night and expect them to last throughout the season, especially with the pace we play at.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed 12 out of 29...there's your game (or at least potential momentum). Good news is that though the last two games were losses, it wasn't like Houston was completely shut out or couldn't complete (like with OKC or San Antonio)...Houston defeated itself in these two past games.

16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I agree in general Lin plays better than Douglas at both ends of the court at 4th. My point was: Lin needs to do much better to not give the coaches chances to bench him in the 4th quarter (so far oftentimes Douglas won the heart of the coaches, fair or not is another topic). Coaches will never bench Harden simply because Harden is too good to be benched.

I was only talking about Lin's performance. Of course, the whole team needs to practice the FTs the next two days. The FTs , especially Asik's, costed us the game today.

17. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Pics from today,

Lin going to the rim with the help of a non existent screen.
    [​IMG]

Omer shooting a free throw.
    [​IMG]

Morris fouling Pierce.
    [​IMG]

Losing, but looking damn good while doing so.
    [​IMG]

"here you go, pick and roller..sh-t I forgot I never get picks"
    [​IMG]

lol
    [​IMG]

Patterson being dunked on like he doesn't even exist.
    [​IMG]

"Sigh, it was fun while it lasted, guess I gotta start coaching & drawing plays for them now"
    [​IMG]

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Very true that the coaching wasn't that good...

But we win the game if we make a respectable amount of free throws.

19. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I'm OK with McHale's coaching, my only complaint is that he needs to expand the rotation, especially the way we play. Lin and Harden play too many minutes and its a long season. Hopefully Beverly or Andersen can ball and give our starting back court some relief.

It sucks that we lost but almost everyone else in the playoff race did except for the Nuggets. Jazz lost, Wolves lost, Blazers lost, Lakers are getting Durant'ed.

Just finished the Blazers-Warriors games, Blazers lost, but I was OK with either team losing.

On a side note Damian Lillard is G O O D. I think in a couple seasons he will be the best PG in the league.

20. New

Yeah... It's funny to watch 2Pat's screen. If Asik could improve to Tyson Chandler's level, we will be unstoppable!