1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Lin's breakout game mean going forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beard, Dec 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Awesome! :)

2. Luca

Luca Member

I think torocan mentioned a few names of players that did have these numbers twice previously and it includes Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson, Clyde Drexler, Kobe. If you go back a few pages then you can find his post if I am not mistaken.

3. zdrav

zdrav Member

Hehe, don't argue with this guy unless you want to get embarrassed.

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

I've got one word for you: OVERRATED!

/sarcasm

1 person likes this.
  5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

So it's not because Harden's 39pts and 9ast in the game before this one was in 46mins in a regulation game?

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

I believe Torocan did it by age. I want to do it by career starts. Lin has 45 starts as a NBA PG & twice he has put up 38 & 7. Just curious how many other NBA players have done the same with the same amount of inexperience as a starter.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

Anyone notice the way he got his 38 points this game was way different from the way he got 38 points in the Lakers game?

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Please elaborate? I am genuinely curious.

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

I thought the opposite. In both games, it was a combination of 3s, FTs, and driving lay-ups, with very few catch-and-shoots (hint hint, McHale!).

I think he scored more 3s against San Antonio than against Los Angeles, though.

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

James Harden is going to be a great player (barring injury or self-destructive habits), so if you're approaching this from a skeptical point of view, bringing up James Harden doesn't help your case.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sorry, but I am not going to sit here and let Lin worshipers take over this place.

Jeremy Lin had a good game, I hope it continues. This doesn't discount his abysmal season thus far.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Now cross reference those names with 20 games stretches 39% shooting, 31% 3pt shooting, and 13 PER.

Lets see how many pop up.

#252 larsv8, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  13. WinkFan

I wasn't really looking at Lin's potential. I'm trying to point out that torocan was conveniently leaving out mention of Harden.

14. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Thanks so much, Torocan, master of stats and DMorey's altered ego.

People who want Lin to do well also want his team to do well. Do you think he has been put in a position to succeed?

15. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

And you don't wonder why if that's the case?

16. jk103

jk103 Member

2 turnovers instead of 6.

17. Jedster

Jedster Member

I think he honestly just didn't think to put in more than 45 mins. No need to doubt what he says.
    But as you pointed out about Harden, I think we're in a great time in Rockets history if we have two players who belong on that talented list playing now.

18. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

instead of 3's lin had more And1's in the lakers game I believe

19. WinkFan

Maybe, maybe not. It just jumped out at me because he did it the game before Lin.

20. lfw

lfw Rookie

Torocan was trying to show how rare it is for a player to have 2 games of 38 points and 7 assists in a career.

So you try to make it look like it isn't a great accomplishment and failed miserably. Now you are trying to somehow make it look bad by bringing up the Lin hasn't played well this season even though it has no correlation with with Torocan's original post.

Why are you trying so hard to discredit Lin's accomplishment? Doesn't Lin play for the Rockets??