1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Romney is a humongous hypocrite and lazy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Dec 2, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just weeks after proclaiming about American jobs and boosting our economy...
    he goes out and buys a brand new Audi Q7 made in Slovakia for at least 65k. So much for that, hypocrite.

Not to mention, he has no intention of helping out his own party that nominated him and campaigned for him so hard with those million dollar donations. Just lazy indeed.

http://news.yahoo.com/ann-romney-mi...-231529114.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CYEJLxQNwEAls_QtDMD

2. platypus

platypus Member

The man can do anything with his money. And why should he help his party? Most of the major republican heads turned their backs on Romney after the election.

I voted for Barack but calling Romney a hypocrite for buying a car with money he earned is stupid.

And besides buying a car does help our economy, it doesn't matter where the dam thing was made in.

This article is a bit of a reach.

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Why could he not have gone home and bought a car made in Detroit?
    Or is he still pissed at them for not supporting him in the election?

Romney was a hypocrite way before he lost the election.

4. Classic

Classic Member

Reads like a tabloid.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Same reason nobody else who wants a quality car.

6. platypus

platypus Member

Exactly as a consumer I will never buy a car from Detroit, I prefer European cars.

Can't blame Romney for buying a Audi over a Silverado.:p

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wow...5 star thread. will read again...

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

someone post that hungover pic of him after the election..

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, I don't care what car he drives. The guy's a prick regardless.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know this is a troll thread in response to Bigtexxx's troll thread but I hope that Mitt Romney doesn't totally drop out of the public eye. While he was unprincipled politically, he will say anything to get elected, everything I have heard though is that he is a good person and his governing style was one that was pragmatic and moderate. If he really wanted to he could do some good in the world with his wealth and organizing ability.

11. Orange

Orange Member

Romney is not a real american.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of course he is. I guess you're being sarcastic because of the BS the President has been through thanks to the extremists in the GOP. Can't say as I blame you.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I have never met him personally but there are a number of people that know him in politics and think he is an *******. Concerning his record as governor, at what point do we conclude that the Mitt we see today is the real Mitt? People change, and based on his comments POST election, I believe that he really does believe that America's poor are poor because they want to be.

Having said that, I am not surprised that a man worth $100,000,000+ is driving a $65,000 car.... not sure why anyone cares...

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know Mitt Romney personally and have never met him but I did work briefly at Bain Capital in the 1990's at the time he was running against Kennedy. I was only a low level admin. but did hear people talk about him in the office and generally there was a praise for him as a boss and a person.

Leaving aside what principles he has he clearly is a very good organizer and can handle large and complex projects. After this election he also has a lot of name recognition. I don't think he actually is very wedded to ideology but willing to be pragmatic. Someone like that could do a lot of good.

What he drives I also don't really care.

15. Nook

Nook Member

You may be right.... I held your opinion until his comments to his donors.

I also agree that he is capable of making a difference with his finances, connections and name recognition. Further, now that he is no beholden to any party, he can do what he feels is right concerning ideology.

The fact that he agreed to meet with Obama is also positive concerning his willingness to compromise.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Cars I've bought in my life:

Honda Civic Hybrid
    Nissan Versa
    Kia Sedona

Unless I wanted a truck, I don't think I'll buy from an American company anytime soon. Not that I haven't test drove and looked at plenty of American vehicles, I just haven't liked them as much.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Biggest Bull**** I've heard. Ford quality is top-notch now, innovative. Cadillac is find a great groove. Fiat has brought some nice changes to Chrysler.

Many Foreign Makers are living on PAST reputation. Audi has quality issues...

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BTW....i rent a lot of cars (I travel alot for work). So, I get to "test drive" alot a vehicles. The best cars I drive a lot are the Ford Taurus (the fully loaded Taurus is VERY NICE), Ford Edge, Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300, GMC Terrain, and Ford Fusion.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Germans...